exhaust system

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We sold them to guys with slip-ons but I don't feel they are getting thier moneys worth. Same with stock exhaust. Wait until you go with a full header. I've got a couple of used headers and of course sell a few kinds new.

Shoot me an email and I can send more info on the kit. It installs very similarly to the stage seven.

Sean
[email protected]

I think any jet kit is useless for the max unless you're running a FULL exhaust. If anything, going down a jet size would help the max with slip-ons.

It's an easy install. You have air correctors to install in the top of the carbs which my 6 year old nephew could do but you DO have to remove the carbs from the intake and install a main jet and remove the diaphragms and respring them and (if you want) drill a hole in the plunger to allow it to move faster. (I didn't do that)

You don't have to but you should put the larger breather on it which attaches to the oil fill area and runs up to a T which then attaches to your stock setup. That can be a bit of a bitch to get your hands in there but by no means impossible.

Then you button it all up and install the lid Sean sells you and you're all set ready to test. You may have to take out and put back in the carbs a couple times to get it right.

Chris

I will have to look at seans kit, but I'm ordering the goods at the end of the month. What do you depending on your tune horsepower wise? Is there things I should look for once I got my max all apart? I plan on getting the tools to sync the carbs anyways, I got a feeling they will be used frequently. Where would be the best place to get the kerker system from?
Info. Is greatly appreciated.

I will have to look at seans kit, but I'm ordering the goods at the end of the month. What do you depending on your tune horsepower wise? Is there things I should look for once I got my max all apart? I plan on getting the tools to sync the carbs anyways, I got a feeling they will be used frequently. Where would be the best place to get the kerker system from?

I would give Sean a Shot at the Kerker also, he is a dealer I do believe.

+1 to what the others are saying, go with Sean for the purchase of the Kerker exhaust system and Muscle jet kit. Sean will be there when you need him for ANY questions about your new setup and offers many services to make your Vmax better. I have his very comfortable Morley Muscle seat, as do many of the forum members/ Vmax community and they will all tell you it is exactly what you wanted or Sean will make it right.
The Morgan Carbtune is a very good tool to sync your carbs, but there are others too.
Good luck with your purchases and have fun with the power upgrades!:punk:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back