EZ Pass info

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Reaction score
Been wrestling with EZ Pass NY ever since the Nor'Easters Quabbin Run when I got charged for travelling the entire length of the Mass. Pike instead of only to Exit 7, where I got off.

Long boring story about faulty transponders and shit but this morning the chick told me that the sensors at the toll booths are set up to read in the center of the lane....right where the oil slick usually is. We bikers tend to stay to the left of the slick, closer to the toll booth and very often the sensor can't get a good read.

She suggested trying to position the bike so the transponder is in the center of the lane to see if it reads better, or maybe passing thru on the right side....:confused2:

It's in the 30's here now so I won't be checking this out anytime soon but maybe someone else can benefit from it.

I got the same deal, on the same day Dann-o. I got the nasty letter with the violation appeal process in the mail. It turned out to be my own fault because I changed plates and didn't update it on my account. I did a recent trip on the super slab and mounted the transponder on the left windshield lower position. I went through with flying colors 4 times. I made sure I stopped and watch the darn green light come on. If the yellow call fast lane light comes on zig zag on the way by with your hand over the plate if ya can reach.
rofl_200.gif

so they gonna refund you?
if she said works in middle I bet the right side won't work....

nice scam they got going on eh lol.....very convienient

afaik thats a crock of shit from that lady, danny. i've had mine in my pocket, on my windshield and never once worried about lane position.

it did not 'pickup' once in my leather jacket pocket tho. but i doubt that was 'positioning'.

Do they care if you don't have the transponder? In Illinois I have the bike registered to the pass and the plates accurate and just go through. I don't even keep the pass on me or the bike. One time I got a notice in the mail, called the number on it, they confirmed the vehicle was registered to a pass and apologized for the inconvenience.

A lot of our express tolling lanes don't even use the pass and are straight up license plate based.

I sent my appeal in today or else it's a $50 bill for the violation, if you don't mail it in 30 days. I just have to pay the toll and a small fee $5. I've had the transponder in my saddle bag before and no issue. I got a brand new one just to be safe. When you call they are helpful. Yes Rov. it's a good scam they got going. My address and name are the same, they could have deducted the $$ from my prepayed account and notified me.
Steve

just stretch your back legs out and cover your plate with your boots as you sail past the cameras, save all kinds of money.

Not that I ever did that :icon_rolleyes:

need a flip plate.......or big gob of mud on it hahahah like danny's bikes got mud on them

afaik thats a crock of shit from that lady, danny. i've had mine in my pocket, on my windshield and never once worried about lane position.

it did not 'pickup' once in my leather jacket pocket tho. but i doubt that was 'positioning'.

I'm inclined to agree with you Garrett, I had the same shield on '99', Sallymax, Memax, the 700X & Mellomax with absolutely no issues....transponder located in the exact same position on all of them. Now it's on Genny and won't work! :ummm:

just stretch your back legs out and cover your plate with your boots as you sail past the cameras, save all kinds of money.

Not that I ever did that :icon_rolleyes:

need a flip plate.......or big gob of mud on it hahahah like danny's bikes got mud on them

I would never do such a thing altho I could see no reason to relocate the plate from where the PO had it. :whistlin:

Attachments

• 100_3372.jpg
    100_3372.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 15
Just to throw my 2 cents in...............

I do the Pike everyday for work.......Springfield to Stockbridge..............

Mine would register most every time in Mass (NY is another story) but would miss mostly for the Stockbridge toll booths. So I turned it "upside down" so it would have the same side facing upward toward the receiver above as mounted on a car windshield which meant I had to put velcro on the opposite side cause I attach mine to the top of my headlight bezel (behind my fairing) and it began recording without miss after that.

I've called them several times over this....gotten a bunch of different answers...'send the transponders in,' 'don't send them in they aren't old enough to be bad,' 'get in the center of the lane'....I don't use EZ-Pass enough to put up with all this bullshit!

I'm just gonna run it like it is....if it gets my plate # I'll pay the toll, if it doesn't.....oh well! :confused2:

interesting. i've had mine upside down for years now (big side up) because it fits that way with my flyscreen/speedo better. never thought about it before now.

furthermore i've missed a few times in cars and they always pick up my plate and charge me accordingly, why can't they do that with the bikes?

But, but....."Not Intended For Street Use!"

Wouldn't I get into trouble with this device? :ummm:

interesting. i've had mine upside down for years now (big side up) because it fits that way with my flyscreen/speedo better. never thought about it before now.

furthermore i've missed a few times in cars and they always pick up my plate and charge me accordingly, why can't they do that with the bikes?

Guess mine's upside down too but the ezypass chick said they would get the tag from the camera anyway....which doesn't appear to be happening. :confused2:

Checked mine and it's upside down also. I think I'll leave it where it is since it's working now. There
is a new toll going to Newport from Ma. It's 10 cents? Now that's a waste of time and effort. Not sure how this one even works, no toll both?

I've called them several times over this....gotten a bunch of different answers...'send the transponders in,' 'don't send them in they aren't old enough to be bad,' 'get in the center of the lane'....I don't use EZ-Pass enough to put up with all this bullshit!

I'm just gonna run it like it is....if it gets my plate # I'll pay the toll, if it doesn't.....oh well! :confused2:

That's what I do....have been doing for years. I don't use mine much either, I don't commute on the bike. I got tired of it not working, holding it over my head when I go through....etc. Now when I remember it's in my jacket pocket....lots of times it's at home on the shelf.

That's what I do....have been doing for years. I don't use mine much either, I don't commute on the bike. I got tired of it not working, holding it over my head when I go through....etc. Now when I remember it's in my jacket pocket....lots of times it's at home on the shelf.

I got trapped at the Rip Van Winkle Bridge....gate came down, cars pulled in behind me and there I was....waving the stupid friggin' transponder all around trying to get the gate to lift!

If they can't give me stuff that works ta hell wid 'em! :punk:

The other thing too is that if it doesn't pick up where you got on it charges you for the full toll of the total highway length............then you gotta call'm to get it removed.....always a fun time.....

Latest posts

Back