F&R Brake Pads, the same part?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaleDeth

Reaction score
I just ordered some pads for the front and rear. When I ordered them they had different part numbers for F&R but I just got them in the mail and they are all the same #'s

Rut roh. Pretty sure that ain't gonna work.

feck :bang head:

Now to figure out which ones I got. I would have to guess I have 3 sets of rears cause there are 3 packages. I hope at least cause the rears are shot and I can wait for the front.

Guess I just dig in and find out, which will have to wait till 2morrow cause its about time for work...

LOL yeah it's an 86 guess I should have added that part.
cool thanks guys!

What you SHOULD have done was get upgrade caliper adapters from me and run Hayabusa front calipers and larger rotors. Tremendous increase in braking performance.

Sean

What you SHOULD have done was get upgrade caliper adapters from me and run Hayabusa front calipers and larger rotors. Tremendous increase in braking performance.

Sean

Interested in this. Could you PM me info please...

Yes hey Sean what are the details on the Hyabusa brake swap for a pre-93 VMX12? I see a lot of sets of brakes on the ebay, from many different years, some with the lines, master cyl and lever, some with just the calipers. Also, which rotors work, and how do they mount to the wheels (as compared to the OEM rotors)?

Step One: Pre '93 rotors are 282mm which will need to be changed/ upgraded to 298mm rotors. (Ebay link - http://www.ebay.com/bhp/vmax-rotor).
Step Two: Order adapter brackets from Sean (email him at [email protected]).
Step Three: Ask Sean if he has any 'Busa calipers to sell. (See above email).
Step Four: If Sean does not have calipers check Ebay (current listing) Make note on years that are in ad...'99 - '07.
Step Five: Wait patiently by the door for all parts to arrive...
Step Six: Once all arrive, carefully install rotors, adapters and calipers and then bleed calipers.
Step Seven: Go for a ride and be amazed at how good your brakes are now and how scary your old brakes were!
Note: Adding SS brake lines will make your brakes even better! You can use your stock master cylinder and it will give you two finger braking (I have this setup and SS lines and all I ever use is two fingers, even hauling down from triple digit speeds.). The rotors mount just like the stock rotors do.
:clapping:<-- how happy you are after upgrading your brakes!

Indeed Brian. Probably one of the best conversions ever for a vmax. More then one customer has written me and said it has saved their life. Nothing compared to sure consistent stopping power!

On a side note, I have ALL the parts available in new and or used parts. I may not be as cheap as ebay but I will also warranty the parts without question (or very few anyway lol).

Second side note, we have the newest conversion with 320mm rotors!

Latest posts

Back