Fender Extender Source

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SvenDGAF

Reaction score
Does anyone know a cheap souce for a front "fender extender" - the thing that can increase the length on the rear of the front fender to avoid mud and crap being thrown up the radiator fins. Exactrep sells them, but they are ?30gbp + shipping (about $50+ ?) which seems a lot of money :confused2:

I go to a lot of muddy-field rallies and parties, and I am fed up with caking the whole of the front of the engine in dirt.

Thanks all.

- forgot to also ask if any other bikes have near-identical fenders, who's extenders might fight the VMAX.

Don't try saying that drunk!!:biglaugh:

This is my 4th Vmax and I've had a Exactrep fender extender on the last three. I've looked many other places, USA and out, with no success. These fit well and provide the function you require. They are not painted and the last one I bought (Jan '09) needed a lot of sanding and prep work. Good luck.

Ok, thanks for the reply. looks like it's my only option then.

I am in the processes of blacking out a lot of the aluminium, so non-prepped is fine, because it'll be flat black-end anyway.
Does it replace the current mini-extension? and how does it mount?

Thanks again :punk:

A friend of mine went to Alaska Rubber & Supply and scored himself a small section of firm scrap rubber.

He cut it to fit the front fender on his Venture, then drilled holes and mounted it with some high quality fasteners. I thought he bought the thing it looked that good.

He told me it ran him a whopping $10 to do

here is a guy who did pretty much the same thing on his aprilla.
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2066776

Does it replace the current mini-extension? and how does it mount?
It mounts to the mini part of the fender with two screws.

The commet above making one reminded me of making one out of part of a black plastic flower pot like you get plants in from a plant nursery. Its already shaped like the curve in the fender. Took a couple of trys but worked OK. Good Luck....

Yo Sven
How is that starter working for you, hope it didnt shit the bed on ya. Good to hear from you.
Cheers Bro

Yo Sven
How is that starter working for you, hope it didnt shit the bed on ya. Good to hear from you.
Cheers Bro

No man, it hasn't missed a beat. Once again thanks a lot for that :worthy:.
I am just slowly adding bits and changing things on the max, now the weather is back. Gonna start blacking out a lot of the aluminum to prevent the oxidising too. I'll have to get some upto date pictures of it to update my sig images. The one there now is from the day i bought it :biglaugh:

When I had a Bandit1200s I bought a Triumph extender ,plastic,matt black and 2 nuts and bolts to fit it.The salesperson let me try b4 buy and I just stuck it in and said yes that'll fit and boughtit.Worked well.No idea which model it came from.Cheers Kevman

Back