FINALLY pics of the $500 bike you guys helped me with

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billydroveit

Reaction score
Ok so i'm all done, got it cleaned up pretty good and most of the stuff i thought needed to be done..and i've rode it a few times! I would like to really thank all of you who helped me get through my first bike project, when i buy another MAX...and i WILL this will be where i call home! for my information and comrodery(sp).

The bike is now for sale!

Attachments

• DSCF1466.jpg
    DSCF1466.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCF1473.jpg
    DSCF1473.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCF1480.jpg
    DSCF1480.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCF1483.jpg
    DSCF1483.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCF1482.jpg
    DSCF1482.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCF1469.jpg
    DSCF1469.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 113
HOLY SHIT!!!!!

That looks better than mine and I paid 10 times that much:bang head:

Amazing. Bike looks tops in those pics, although you need to turn your flash off!

What a deal, it's almost unbelievable. I like that blue a lot too!

Amazing. Bike looks tops in those pics, although you need to turn your flash off!

What a deal, it's almost unbelievable. I like that blue a lot too!

Clouds rolled in fast and took my light away. I'm going to get new ones in teh sun, but that might be a week or so. The bike is pretty clean, but the pics do help!

Thanks Again guys, i could have never done this without the support!

Pass on the word it's for sale. Detroit Mi area. Good deal too!

Clearly you got ripped off I'm sad to say. Now send that horrible sorry mess to me and I'll help you out as in doing you a favor by letting me pay you the $500 that you got shafted on.
I'm such a nice guy.

Mind us asking what you have in it now that it's done?

Looks amazing! I can see some rusty screws here and there but overall pretty clean. Replacing those screws will help the overall look of the bike.

Great job!

yea i was wondering what ya did, what it cost (if ya don't mind) and what ur asking for it.

I don`t get it ,
After getting it for that price and the way it looks now, why are you selling it ??????:ummm::confused2::ummm:
<<Dave>>

I don`t get it ,
After getting it for that price and the way it looks now, why are you selling it ??????:ummm::confused2::ummm:
<<Dave>>

+1 :ummm:

what are you asking for it, it cost ya what like $500? ya gotta keep it

I don`t get it ,
<<Dave>>

I live in Michigan...need i say more lol

I just baught it as an investment peice. If i have one to keep i want a newer one with lower mileage...plus i already have a race car.

Mind us asking what you have in it now that it's done?

Looks amazing! I can see some rusty screws here and there but overall pretty clean. Replacing those screws will help the overall look of the bike.

Great job!

it does have some rusty spots, and some bruises here and there...but it's a rider.

I got some good prices on some parts.

500 for the bike
46 for brakes front and rear
56 for battery
30 for shock oil
18 for fork seals
38 for clutch rebuild and fluid
688 Total

Newer seat was already on, and tires were also about a year old, and show ulmost no wear. I baught it off a guy who just decided he didn't want to mess with it, and was growing more nervous riding it on his work commute. If i don't end up selling it I'll keep it till next year probly doing some paint touch up on teh rust, replacing various bolts and just cleaning it up more.

I'm glad you guys asked what i want for it cuz i'm curious if i'm in the right ball park. It has 32,000 miles on it, an the carbs need to be synced. I'm starting at 2200.00 Does this sound fair...considering the time of year?

it does have some rusty spots, and some bruises here and there...but it's a rider.

I got some good prices on some parts.

500 for the bike
46 for brakes front and rear
56 for battery
30 for shock oil
18 for fork seals
38 for clutch rebuild and fluid
688 Total

Newer seat was already on, and tires were also about a year old, and show ulmost no wear. I baught it off a guy who just decided he didn't want to mess with it, and was growing more nervous riding it on his work commute. If i don't end up selling it I'll keep it till next year probly doing some paint touch up on teh rust, replacing various bolts and just cleaning it up more.

I'm glad you guys asked what i want for it cuz i'm curious if i'm in the right ball park. It has 32,000 miles on it, an the carbs need to be synced. I'm starting at 2200.00 Does this sound fair...considering the time of year?

you should get that no problem.....I would think:confused2:

i'd say 2500 - 3000 would be very aggressively priced, so 2200 should have no problems what so ever.

3000 all day long in the right market. Replace the rusted bolts and you'll have a better chance IMO. Many people over look the small things when rebuilding but it's the small things that can lead people to believe there's more.

Still for less than 700 bucks, it's a sweet ride.

Chris

It's worth 3k all day long, but this is probably the absolute worst time to try and sell a bike. Look in your local want-ads, chances are there are about 5x as many listings as usual. Money is tight for a lot of people and the toys are the first things to go for extra cash. There's lots of desperate people out there that are dumping their bikes for rock-bottom prices, and not a whole lot of buyers, so if it isn't a fabulous bargain price, it probably won't sell. Buyer's market for sure. I picked up my '97 for $4500 with loads of extras, showroom clean, and 12k miles.

My V30 Magna is book valued at $1250, and mine is definetly "excellent" condition. I originally wanted $1500 for it. Super clean, runs great, needs nothing, and a pretty rare bike to boot. Not a single nibble on ebay, couple low-ballers but that's it. Tried local ads for $1250. Nothing. I figued I'd go rock-bottom and try for a grand. Couple people called, and one said he was coming with cash but then never showed up. I gave up and pulled the ads....I'll sit on it over the winter and try again in the spring.

Back