First day off of the year!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Just sharing my excitement that I actually get to have a "work day" off tomorrow.

Put in another long one at work today. Things have been pretty hectic lately. A new guy caused us some major issues and headaches and it turned out the be the 2nd worst day in my 11+ year career here. I've got a few things to wrap up for work in the AM that I can handle from home with my laptop then it will be almost 3 full days of NO WORK! I've been really stressed lately so this is great timing.

Got plans to head up Elk County, PA and hang out in a log cabin for the weekend. Its our yearly "man trip" me and a few guys from the family go on. I'm way behind on getting ready due to all the issues at work. Haven't even tried to start the CR5 since last fall. Gotta big list of things to prep for the trip tomorrow morning. Hope it all goes well! I know its going to be very cold this year. Usually its pretty nice. I don't have any cold weather off road gear. Guess it will be layers of whatever and carhart overalls. Looking forward to it no matter what the weather is.

Enjoy your well deserved day off! It sucks riding in the woods when your soaked and cold, but its better than being at work!!

Well, we made it back. It was a good weekend and the weather cooperated. Plenty of fun, beer, food, and some riding too, LOL.

Normally we are up at the cabins by ourselves. A few other guys showed up to stay in one of the cabins. They said they run a website and online magazine. They brought a Polaris 750 quad and a side by side. Nice guys. I never heard of the website before so I checked it out. Here is the side by side they had with them and an article on their last trip that they were telling us about. http://www.allaboutbikes.com/motorc...is-ranger-rzr-xp-900-at-hatfield-mccoy-trails

On our way back to camp on saturday we saw a quad sitting down the road a bit. One of my crew stopped to check on it. He was sitting there with the front wheel broken off, LOL. It was one of the guys from the website. Not sure how, but he managed to get squirrely and ram right into a hillside. Broke the front A-arm, torsion bars, ball joints, basically everything but the brake line.

We hung out with those guys later in the evening around the campfire and a few cases of beer. They said companies send them stuff to try out, they beat the piss out of it, and they send it back. Then they write a story. Sounds like an awesome job. I need something like that!

Back