First run of the year

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V4bandit

Reaction score
Ran my Max at the opening day test and tune in Grand Bend. Best I could do was a 12.2 @ 115mph. It was my first time drag racing the bike and only had 4 runs. I feel my launch is really lame. LOL I'm open to constructive criticism , I have a video. I just can't figure out how to post it here. What format works???

Attachments

• DSCN5540.jpg
    DSCN5540.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 25
Post vidio to youtube and than post video to forum.

Thats not a bad time for a yellow vmax because the yellow ones are the slowest.lol. dd clutch set up and a shinko rear tire is the best upgrade for the money at the track.

Thats not a bad time for a yellow vmax because the yellow ones are the slowest.lol. dd clutch set up and a shinko rear tire is the best upgrade for the money at the track.

Easy there tiger... LOL Mike is right about everything else except the color ;)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

OUCH, the yellow thing kinda hurts. hahaha! I've posted the video on You Tube now, but having trouble attaching it to the forum. I think You Tube is processing still or something. Will try again later.

From what i could see in the video it looked like you could leave at higher rpm and shift at higher rpm. Not bad for your first time nice clean run. Also you need to do like most of us need to do DUCK THE FUCK DOWN. LOL........................VMAX-MIKE

From what i could see in the video it looked like you could leave at higher rpm and shift at higher rpm. Not bad for your first time nice clean run. Also you need to do like most of us need to do DUCK THE FUCK DOWN. LOL........................VMAX-MIKE

LMFAO!! I hear ya VMAX-MIKE. That was the first thing my buddy said too when he saw the vid. I need to tuck my head down more. Hope to get out again soon and practice. Not sure when that will happen though since we just got hit with more damn SNOW!

I'm going to need to pick up a shift light I think, cause I can't see the rev's at all without looking down at every shift.

This was my second pass i ever did at a drag strip and it was the first guys 64 year old dad. I did good but it dont look like it next to a 8 or 9 second busa. The two of them actully told me what to do before i got out and raced. so i had good teacher's. My holeshot needs to be faster and i need to find my bike sweet spot for shifting to the next gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0asb6tzEbw

Once you get your launch down, then you can work on the rest. The launch is the hardest part. The rest is super easy. Just clutch second gear or you will break your driveshaft.

Todd

I love the first minute in this video. And I am not sure where my other videos are. But I eventually got down to 11.0x @122 mph with mine with only exhaust done. Everything else is bone stock. Shinko rear tire helps out a bunch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_0MhqRvzUg

Back