First Time racer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One2dmax is right, high 1.30s on stock max is almost impossible but you can get some 1.70 to 1.80s if you good and light weight. i weight 165 which helps me alot.

hey sean how much would The pipe, baffle and jet kit cost sent to sydney australia? im hoping with a stickier tyre to get down to a 1.8- 1.9. and im workin on the weight issue lol

One2dmax is right, high 1.30s on stock max is almost impossible but you can get some 1.70 to 1.80s if you good and light weight. i weight 165 which helps me alot.

Lankee claimed he was hitting low 1.7, high 1.6 in the 60'. He was running a strapped front end and slick, no bars. Big guy over 6' tall and over 200lbs. With a special notched swingarm :biglaugh:

I have pulled high 1.60's with the stock tire. I think my 11.40's with the stock 05 was done with the stock tire and bald at that. It was pulling 1.70's-1.80's.

As far as the header setup. Looking at $910 for the header, comp baffle, and shipping to me. The jet kit will add another $310 (including stage seven needles and core charge so you don't have to return the lid).

I am not 100% sure how much shipping will be?? According to the USPS the price if I can get it into a box that is 79" or less in total girth (width and height times 2 plus length) then it would be $200. If it will take the larger box (which I think it may) then the other option is 108" combined box which is $450!!!

UPS is double that! I have not asked my freight shipper what we can do but maybe we can figure out something cheaper. I know shipping is expensive to there either way you look at it.

Sean

Gday Sprockets!
Just got back from the Goldenstates.......and no, I didn't win. I did get 2 of the 'Busa's before the 3rd one got me though!

Don't feel bad about the 11.8, as everyone said, that's OK. MY TIMES however, was just all crap! Best I got all weekend was 12.0's, with a 60ft of 1.86. Yes I do have a few excuses of course, My new 4-1 exhaust has enough grunt to spin up my tyres now on a roll-on, it has more power too coz I've picked up an extra 3mph into a 10knot headwind (now 118/119mph with std carbs and "Y" piece), and the extra grunt meant that before it would jump while in 2nd 2 or 3 times during 2nd gear, now it jumps out and stays out, so I had to go straight from 1st to 3rd.

The real reason is just coz I'm really rusty and can't ride for crap anymore! :rofl_200:

All good fun on a social level. Good to meet old mates.

Let us know how you're going with your Vmax tweaks and tunes.

there still good times considering you have no 2nd gear lol. Im hoping to get my 60 foot times to about there. Havent got a huge amount of cash atm, buyin a house atm and sydney prices are crazy. Probably going to fabricate my own exhaust and then order a jet kit of sean. Stil tossing up whether to go 4 into 2, or 4 into 1 lol.

I made my own 4-1 pipes, they work really well (better if I can find the time to finish jetting properly!), but I gotta be honest they were a pain and very time consuming. From what I've seen the 4-2's and 4-1's make similar grunt levels, but the 4-2 would be easier to build, having been crawling around in the gravel underneath the thing for a few weeks. You just need 2 mufflers, some people prefer the balanced look, myself included. I just used what I had in the shed. Look under "fabrications" on this forum for "home-made 4-1", will give you some idea of the tangle of pipes needed.

I'd go for Seans jet kit, the usual Stg7 kits seem to have driveability issues sometimes, and can be a pain to set up.

Practise will give you your 1.8's, and 2 tenths in the 60ft will give you 3 tenths in the full 1/4, which puts you at 11.5's, which is right on the money. Everyone launches differently, what feels good to them, I launch off idle with a twist on the throttle and a 1/2 slip, then hold till revs even out, then drop the rest of the clutch and roll to the stops on the throttle, but for me that's just many years of launching old Zeds with skinny 120 tyres.......and also having to ride the bike home again, so don't want to break anything!

Have fun man.:clapping:

The best I ever done on my 99 was a 1.69 60 ft & 11.19 @ 119.6 I weighed 170 at the time & the bike had a Marks pipe & struts bone stock besides that no jetting or any thing that was running a metzler 150 with 18 psi.

yeah i like the balanced look to, but i know 4 into 1 will scavenge that bit better. im not worried bout time or being a pain, it shouldnt be to hard tho ive done a few other systems before. What size tube did u use modnrod? i was thinking 1 5/8. i launch very similar i just need a bit more time on the bike, only had the bike for 2 months, and only goin on my 3rd year riding so yeah stil got some to learn

there pretty awesome times captain kyle.my mph seems a lil down on most to after lookin around. might have to go more of a racers crouch

I used the standard downpipes on mine, and the first 8"/12" of the standard on the back pipes, so my system is more about fixing rattles and losing weight, and the sound of course! My standard pipes were 1.3/8", then stepped to 1.5" where I started my pipes, but my system was tuned to 6000RPM, and in that zone is great, with a small top gain.

Most aftermarket pipes use 1.5/8 primaries (Sean will know this better than me though), and that will raise the main tuning point to 7000RPM compared to mine (assuming same length, etc). The standard primaries aren't too bad, but they are a bit restrictive-looking, I;m sure you could improve on them pretty easily starting from the head.

there pretty awesome times captain kyle.my mph seems a lil down on most to after lookin around. might have to go more of a racers crouch
I thought I was crouched pretty good but who knows. I did not have leather pants any way & you cant go over 120 with out them so it was good. That was on a good night that was my best time ever. I usually ran 11.3's If I ever wanted to go that fast again I would have to lose the extra 30 lbs I added on.LOL

did u notice a difference still using the standard primaries? Would be a lot easier keeping the standard primaries but im pretty sure ill change the lot. (standard primaries are rusty)

My primaries were in really good nick, but the cans had something loose and rattling......probably from the goat-tracks they call highways here in the Midwest.
I was going to build a set from scratch, but had only a few weeks till the next meet, needed an exhaust to ride to the track, only had one Yoshi muffler in the shed, and a bunch of pipe bends in 1.5", so.........voila!

Ideally, from scratch, I'd build a 4-2, 1.5" primaries, stepped to 1.5/8" at 15" off the head, 30" to the collector, twin 1.7/8" x 16" long, into 2 x 2" cans, no balance tube. This will shift the tuning up about 1000RPM from mine and probably gain another 5% up top, with a little loss below 6000.

You can even keep your centrestand if you lay out the pipes right.

Latest posts

Back