Float Vent / Overflow

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walktheline

Reaction score
Hello to all, this is my first post on the boards. I have a 1988 VMax project that I bought. When I got it the carbs were in a box with a receipt for $130 to clean them. Along with the carbs removed there were assorted other things taken off the bike (some of which are still not on). I now have the bike running but I have a question: where do the vents tubes for the carbs mount? I have looked in the manual and at pictures but I have not seen where these things are attached. If anyone can give me a pic or a description that would be great.
Thanks
Brad

Hi Brad and welcome! :cheers: The vent tubes mount to the back two screws on the airbox. Check the link Mark pointed you too also, as he likes to show all the new users his hairy legs! LOL.:biglaugh:

Wow those are some sexy legs!
Thank you guys for the help, now I can get these things put in place. When I first put gas in and tried it out I was glad that they were hanging off the engine as one of the floats was stuck! So I let it sit a minute and rapped the carb a couple times with my knuckles and it worked. I forgot to mention that the receipt for cleaning was early 07' so they sat a little while before being put back on. My next task is going to be syncing them up. I was really surprised when I put them back on and the thing fired right up!:clapping:
This is my second street bike, I have a Suzuki C90 that I ride (big slug). Before that all my riding experience was off road !
Thanks again,
Brad

I would hate to see her pits !!!

When my wife does her hair color i always remind her to save a batch for the snatch you want the rug to match the curtains

Back