fork seals

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn

Reaction score
Has anybody used different fork seals on their bike I mean by different to be other than stock.Just tried ball's seals and they did not last.I see different manufacturers claiming to be leak proof and 4 times stronger etc.looking for some different experiences on the subject

All Balls fork seals are junk. Mine lasted less than 10 km. They appear to be very slightly oversize and you have to really force them into place. The stock seals are more expensive but they work.

Well, I have stock seals that have gone 20 + years and still seal so for me that speaks volumes. I always look for New Old Stock (NOS)
on eBay or anywhere because I can count on proper fit and wear. Sounds just like another vote for stock Yamaha parts.

Last edited:
I wish I had bought stock v all balls, my left fork seal blew only 2-3 months after installation. Stick with stock, you will not have any problems.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant
554 RED HORSE Sq, Guam

I'm using the Ariete seals.......been on for about 5 weeks so far and still holding back the oil.....bike hasn't been ridden yet though so I don't think it's a fair test lol

I'll be going with OEM if they prove to be rubbish, can't even remember why I didn't buy OEM in the first place...

OEM is the only way to go for fork seals and clutch fibers. Some other stuff too but for sure those parts.

I wish Yamaha sold a complete engine gasket/seal kit like some other gasket companies. In the low $200s please!!!

I ordered an engine seal kit from Sean last year. Can't remember the cost but it had everything I've needed while working on the bike and I still have some gaskets left waiting on my complete tear down coming this winter when I get stateside.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant
554 RED HORSE Sq, Guam

Back