Forks not holding air.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhc1975

Reaction score
I changed the seals in my forks due to one of them leaking but now they will not hold air pressure. I would put 10 p.s.i in them and it would leak out in the matter of a few hours. I changed the oring in the fork cap then the valve core and the valve stem o ring the leak is slower now but the air still leaks out within a day or two, anybody have any suggestions on how to seal the air in better?

I've heard that before, where's the best place to get the progressive springs? and what all do I have to change out other than just the springs and the caps? how much fluid will be needed with the progressive springs too?

I can get you the progressve springs there $ 70 plus shipping. I am leaving on Vacation Friday morning & not positive I can get them in & shipped before I leave. If your looking for them quicker than that im sure Sean can help you.

I've heard that before, where's the best place to get the progressive springs? and what all do I have to change out other than just the springs and the caps? how much fluid will be needed with the progressive springs too?

Th Proegresssive springs come with good directions. The fluid level ect. You might want to research some threads here on setting up the forks. You can get them from Sean and I'm sure many others. +1 to no air. A good upgrade for the money.
Steve

I sell them for $80 shipped for springs only or $100 shipped for springs/lowering kit.

I thought about 5psi was the max you could put in the OEM forks? 10 may just have been a bit much and blown past seals..

I believe you can go up to 14 psi on stock springs. Aftermarket springs dont need air anymore. I am wondering if your seals are gone since you state it wont hold air. I used to run 10 PSI on my old stock setup. Now I run progressive lowering kit with 1" drop internally.

I've had as much as 50psi in a set of forks (my very first vmax had that much in it when I picked it up).

sean

Yeah stock forks you can have from 5- 14.7 psi. I know the seals are not bad because I just did a complete overhaul of the forks. I think I am going to do the progressive spring upgrade, air in the forks just suck not too crazy about how it feels anyways. Thanks for the info guys.

Back