Friday Sept 21'st

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srk468

Reaction score
A few friends and I are heading to US131 dragway in Martin MI for test and tune, I've did some airbox mods and I'm bringing my jet kit with me to jet the thing for the best mph and see what I can do, between the bike and myself I'll be approx 30lbs lighter this time too so on just weight it should put me close to an 11.0 et but I know the changes I made I'm making more power too so I'm hoping to tickle a 10.9 et... I'm bringing 3 full bottles with me too and once I get it running perfect on engine I'm gonna spray the shit out of it!! LOL I'm trailering it so I think I'm gonna try hitting the juice in 1'st gear, if the driveshaft breaks then I'll push it on the trailer and I know I can't do that anymore... LOL I'll be able to get it in 5'th gear this time and if I can 60' it good and hit the spray in 1'st I'm pretty sure it'll go 10.3's or so... If anyone around the area wants to come hang out or race it'd be awesome to have more Vmax guys there

Pretty sure its 5:00 and they race till midnight I think...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Scott if it was sat or sun i would go. I work on fridays.

Yea I know, I'd rather go on a a Saturday or Sunday too but doing t&t you kinda gotta take what you can get... I'll be headed up there right after work Friday, hoping to be there by 6ish...

Gonna be rained out :mad:

I was ready :(

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348262927769.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348262927769.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 15
I couldent read the 10.50 pass so you have to do it again on the 13th. LOL. It sound to me like you bogged like a mother ucker out of the hole so we might see a low 10 out of you yet. Great job scott. hhmmm what should i do to the max over the winter AIR SHIFTER AND NOS mybe..........MIKE

Scott what was your mph and did you spray in 1st gear?

132mph and I did spray in first, I tried shifting positions to foot shift 5'th but the wind was catching me and it felt like she was going into a wheelie.. I really need to figure out why my air shifter wont hit 5'th... All of my 60' times SUCKED BALLS last night, I think I forgot how to ride... LOL I still beat up on everyone out of the hole except an old Kaw 750 triple with a slick and wheelie bars so I don't feel too bad, it was so packed couldn't get in as many runs as I wanted...

We all will get seat time at lapeer. I will be working on my 60' time first few run's and than i will try to put it all togather for a 11.60 I feel the bog is killing my 60' and i think it has alot to do with mr shinko. I thought about what you said and im woundering if i need alot of rpm like maybe 7000 rpm holeshot but let the clutch out without wheeling I dont like the idea of slipping the clutch to go faster. I feel if my fat ass needs to slip the clutch at 6000rpm to keep from bogging maybe i should come out alot harder with higher rpm but stay in the bog area like always. My driveshaft is saying hello. LOL.

We all will get seat time at lapeer. I will be working on my 60' time first few run's and than i will try to put it all togather for a 11.60 I feel the bog is killing my 60' and i think it has alot to do with mr shinko. I thought about what you said and im woundering if i need alot of rpm like maybe 7000 rpm holeshot but let the clutch out without wheeling I dont like the idea of slipping the clutch to go faster. I feel if my fat ass needs to slip the clutch at 6000rpm to keep from bogging maybe i should come out alot harder with higher rpm but stay in the bog area like always. My driveshaft is saying hello. LOL.

You'll never break your driveshaft on the launch, it'll always be on the 1-2 shift... I was bogging the hell out of it too, next time I'm gonna rev it to 7-8000 and more or less dump the clutch, I know it'll bog the engine more coming off the clutch that fast but the sooner I can get on that button the better... As for motor launches I'll just concentrate more on watching the tach and let it slip on out... I still didn't do bad, I ran the same times with a much worse 60' and usually a tenth in the 60 equals two in the quarter so if I'd have done my part I would've been running 11.0's at least...

I dont do to much slipping the clutch. Find the bikes Happy spot it all depends on the air,track conditions,ETC there are a lot of variables I usually launch between 5500 & 6200 depending on how the track is. I lay over as far as I can on the launch & pretty much dump the clutch & carry the front end about a foot off the ground thru the forst 2 gears. As long as you not pulling the front end off the ground where you have to let off any at all your all good. Any change at all you make in the bike even smaller handgrips etc. can make a diffrence on your launch & times. I am sure when I go back this year with almost 50 lbs weight loss it will be a whole new learning curve for the first few runs.

I dont do to much slipping the clutch. Find the bikes Happy spot it all depends on the air,track conditions,ETC there are a lot of variables I usually launch between 5500 & 6200 depending on how the track is. I lay over as far as I can on the launch & pretty much dump the clutch & carry the front end about a foot off the ground thru the forst 2 gears. As long as you not pulling the front end off the ground where you have to let off any at all your all good. Any change at all you make in the bike even smaller handgrips etc. can make a diffrence on your launch & times. I am sure when I go back this year with almost 50 lbs weight loss it will be a whole new learning curve for the first few runs.
Excellent advice Kyle, I found being a bigger guy that if I did any kind of a wheelie that I threw the pass away because I was always about a tenth to a tenth and a half slower but I've changed so much on the bike and dropped some weight myself that I really need to experiment again... I think I figured out my air shift into 5'th problem, last year I tried cutting the kill time on the digikill and I went fast but the bike was missing gears (usually the 2-3 shift or the 3-4 shift) and once I bumped it back to 80 milliseconds it was fine so I'm thinking for the nitrous I need to add some more kill time to throw that last gear... I'm anxious to try it :punk:

Latest posts

Back