front/rear braking

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtoebaert-5311

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In between two completely independent brakes & modern ABS systems, some bikes have a system that distributes braking on a purely hydraulic basis between front & rear, say 75front/25rear. Would anyone here know if such a system is retrofittable to Mr Max?:ummm:

Proportioning valves are common on cars but not on bikes. On bikes they are sometimes part of the "linked braking" system. Most racers and experienced riders hate these systems since it is not controllable by the rider directly. There was a lot of R&D put into them and the weight bias of the bike, dive features, tire sizes/traction, ect.....

You could probably physically make it fit just fine but there would be no real benefit from doing that.

I had suggested that a manually adjustable proportioning valve could be adapted to at least the rear to help regulate that rear braking lockup.

Sean

I think the Blackbird had a linked braking system...not something I would try and put on the Max myself!

Proportioning valves are common on cars but not on bikes. On bikes they are sometimes part of the "linked braking" system. Most racers and experienced riders hate these systems since it is not controllable by the rider directly. There was a lot of R&D put into them and the weight bias of the bike, dive features, tire sizes/traction, ect.....

You could probably physically make it fit just fine but there would be no real benefit from doing that.

I had suggested that a manually adjustable proportioning valve could be adapted to at least the rear to help regulate that rear braking lockup.

Sean
Well, I'm certainly not a racer and would hardly call myself an experienced rider. The only time I actually use the rear brake is when the bike dives too much and I want to get it level again while (straight line) braking...I just thought this could easily be 'automated,' but now I understand the front/rear ratio would be different depending on a ton of parameters, so...I could think of adding an electronic level etc etc...becomes way too involved I guess...

Latest posts

Back