Fuckitty shitshit? Lol

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DigitalArts

Reaction score
I have a bad feeling that I wasn't supposed to unscrew the wire that goes to the spark plugs on the ignition coils............ oops?

https://imgur.com/a/CwjZF

Also, are the boots supposed to just pop off the spark plugs and not screw in?

Either way, mission accomplished on getting the tank out!! I ended up undoing both shocks and raising the frame far enough over the swingarm that it didn't matter if the wheel was on or off. Twas a pain in das arse though xD It will definitely be easier to put it back in.

While I was at it, I took the old battery out and got rid of the excess wires along with trying to clean up some terminals etc.

It looks like a few of my terminals (including the main 30amp fuze ones) have some corrosion misted over the connections, nothing major, just the light greenish film. What can I clean terminals with? Brake clean? :D

I can't view your picture BUT, unscrewing the ignition (plug) wire from the boot and coil isn't an issue.
Since you already did that, I'd go buy some 7 mm copper core plug wire by the foot from a local auto parts store and replace them all.

And if your boots are in bad shape you can use NGK SBO5F or SBO5E boots (with 7 or 8 mm wires) to replace the stockers.
attachment.php

Attachments

• NGK-SB50F-Black-vs-Stock-Plug-Caps.jpg
    NGK-SB50F-Black-vs-Stock-Plug-Caps.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 112
I have had good luck using air conditionior coil cleaner pump spray on my corroded terminals.
Simply hold terminals in a rag to contain spray and squirt the stuff on/in them. wait about 20-30 munites then flush with carb cleaner straw with rag containment. Repeat if needed. Removes all the green stuff.

Back