fuel around boots

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ski3747270

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just recently I noticed fuel weeping from somewhere around the left rear carb where it joins the vboost boots.

I have not had the carbs off since a few weeks ago, and there was no immediate fuel in the designated area.

This seemed to happen almost overnight.

Can anyone diagnose why this may be happening?

I figured it may be because the bike leans over on that side when I kickstand, but it only occurs in this carb, and only on the one side.

I tightened the clamps to where they wont tighten anymore, but no avail.

What else could I do for troubleshooting?

Thanks
Chris

Chris:

Start the bike up and let it idle. Spray some carb cleaner around where you seen the leak.
1) Engine changes tone: You have a cracked boot.

These boots are known to crack and create vacumn leaks. Let me know if you need a boot I have 8 of em.

That was one of the first things I did, something I learned from this site.

Boots are brand-new, no cracks or leaks....

Still scratching my head on this one.

Chris

Check fuel drain screw, main jet hex plug and float bowl gasket surface. Check your float bowl vents too. If even partially plugged it could force fuel out of your pilot air jet or even main air jet up top.

Chris:

Start the bike up and let it idle. Spray some carb cleaner around where you seen the leak.
1) Engine changes tone: You have a cracked boot.

These boots are known to crack and create vacumn leaks. Let me know if you need a boot I have 8 of em.

Will ether work for this?

Could be alot of fun:biglaugh:

Rusty

Back