Gen 2 problems

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmaxiow

Reaction score
Hi all, was looking at getting a Gen 2 within the next year. Are there any common faults with the bike I should look out for? I know the price is ridiculous but I'm thinking more about any mechanical problems lol :D

Price and someone doing the oil pump recall incorrectly. Other that that they are very well built.

Wasn't there a frame recall also on 2009? The bike is priced out of reach of many people who would really beat on the bikes. Its not like a 20 year old is going to afford one as easily as the older crowd can.

Todd

They wear out rear tires real quick , mine just turned 12000 miles and needs its fourth rear tire and it's fuel range is limited By tank size and riding habits

They wear out rear tires real quick , mine just turned 12000 miles and needs its fourth rear tire and it's fuel range is limited By tank size and riding habits

Average of 4000 miles per tire Rick? :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

I avg closer to 2000 miles per back tire. Hum.....roads must be more abrasive in this part of the country. :biglaugh:

Average of 4000 miles per tire Rick? :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

I avg closer to 2000 miles per back tire. Hum.....roads must be more abrasive in this part of the country. :biglaugh:

Could be the load the tire carries

Rick, Looks like your getting some good rides in with Percy ! I've only got only 6850 miles right now... :confused2: but the weather is finally improving here in Mi so the miles will start climbing for me! :biglaugh:

Jeff. 12000 was two seasons , and it seems like I never ride . Gonna shoot for 6k this year too.

Just reading up on the oil pump recall and all the horror story's of botched recall jobs. Makes me want to save longer and get a 2012 or newer.

got my '10 had the oil pump recalled when i bought it because i worked at a yamaha dealer at the time and guess who got to get paid to fix it? ME! bikes are awesome seen a post about 20yr olds cant afford them but im 24 LOL i have had and always will have a VMAX first bike and it will be my last!

Back