Getting it up....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khuenefeldt

Reaction score
ha...ok...i'm talking about getting the bike on the center stand... :cheers:

I've had other bikes that had center stands and this one is the heaviest bastard to get up. i'm 160lbs....and my trick is to put as much weight on the center stand...and use my right hand to grab behind me on the bracket and give her a hell of a tug.... It works but damn! :surprise:

I wish mine still had the center stand....the guy I bought it from removed it...

Oh yeah what part of Mo. are you from???...I'm in the K.C. area..

Next time you have the bike on the center stand, slide a board under the rear tire to measure the gap. Use a thickness where you will still have a bit of clearance in case you want to spin the rear at any time. Next time you park it, put the board under the front of the rear tire and push it up, making sure the main stand doesn't also rest on the board. This will make it much easier to lift.

Centre stand firm on the ground so that the bike is kept from falling side ways. All my weight on the stand lever, then I grab beneath the grab rails t the back and my fram braces at the front and just a minor heave for me. And I only weigh 75kilos.

Hey Max!

I'm in the KC area too....on the Missouri side. I live on Red Bridge (just south of 435)...work @ 9400 Ward Parkway (next to Wornall & 95th.) :thumbs up:

Latest posts

Back