ggrrRRRRRR !!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OU812

Reaction score
:bang head::bang head::bang head: Well... Spring again. YEA ! Pulled er outta the garage, fired er up, walked away for a few & came back only to see my bike "puking" gas all over the drive...:damn angry: Why in the world do I keep putting up wiyh this crap I ask myself.:ummm: So I strip it down to see if I can tell what the deal is this year... I see the left 2 carbs (looking down from seating position) just filling up with fuel and I take for granted draining into the case. (won"t even turn over from the pressure at this point), and running outta the exaust... Gonna have to say major carb malfunction AGAIN !!! can anybody give me a heads-up on where to start ??? Sean??? I'm seriously considering the unthinkable here...:confused2: HELP...

How many of us have at a minimum a 5 lb. dry chemical fire extinguisher in their garages? Ever have it inspected? Having one, or two, may save your bike, garage, and house when the 'gas puking-out the exhaust' ignites. Anyone got a gas hot water heater in the garage? A deadly combination w/a sticky carb float.

How many of us have at a minimum a 5 lb. dry chemical fire extinguisher in their garages? Ever have it inspected? Having one, or two, may save your bike, garage, and house when the 'gas puking-out the exhaust' ignites. Anyone got a gas hot water heater in the garage? A deadly combination w/a sticky carb float.

Raises hand. one by the door, one by the work bench and one by the welders.

OP: Check your floats, they are prob stuck. Try a little "seafoam" or "stabil" in the tank before you park it this fall. Make sure you run it long enough to get it in the carbs before shutting down for storage.

Spray a bit of carb cleaner through the carb overflow. It will help loosen stuff up.

Ya... Stuck floats. Came loose when I pushed it over in the yard...:rofl_200: I used Stabil a few yrs. ago... Tried Seafoam 2 yrs. ago in this unit and it did a "wonderful" job at cleaning the entire fuel system and depositing all the crap right in my carbs...:biglaugh: Actually, I really don"t know if it was the Seafoam cuz it was right at the time Ethanol was being introduced in the north east. >>BUT<<, I will say that I NEVER had a problem with ANY of my Vmax"s or any other bike until this "ethanol" monster was slammed in our faces... Anyhow... All is good for "today"... Tomorrow's another day. Thanks for all the responces. I've learned over the last few years that nobody knows my pain like you guys do... .:cheers:...!

I've had good luck with BG 44K.....1/3 can in each of 3 tankfulls first thing in the spring and no problems at all. Took the carbs apart on '99 this winter, for rebuild...., insides were nice and clean, no varnish, no deposits.

Tomorrow's another day. Thanks for all the responces. I've learned over the last few years that nobody knows my pain like you guys do... .:cheers:...!

I had one of those days today. Spent last night mounting my new kerker. This morning tightened everything up only to find my center stand remnents (had a kerker on before) touched my new header.. So off it came. Getting the back pipes out was fun with new copper silicone already set up.:biglaugh: 4 hours later I had it off looking brand new with beat up hands.:eusa_dance:
Tomorrow's another day.

Back