Givi windscreen?????????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyk

Reaction score
MAYBE I'M POSTING IN THE WRONG PLACE,
BUT HAS ANYONE EVER INSTALLED A GIVI WINDSCREEN ON A 06 VMAX.
THE DIRECTIONS SAY TO LOOSEN THE SIGNAL LIGHT NUTS....BUT THERE IS NO WAY TO GET TO THEM:bang head::ummm::damn angry::worthy:

MAYBE I'M POSTING IN THE WRONG PLACE,
BUT HAS ANYONE EVER INSTALLED A GIVI WINDSCREEN ON A 06 VMAX.
THE DIRECTIONS SAY TO LOOSEN THE SIGNAL LIGHT NUTS....BUT THERE IS NO WAY TO GET TO THEM:bang head::ummm::damn angry::worthy:

yea its a pain if its stock. small open end wrench and a 10 mins of ur time. turn the bars back and forth and jack the front end up it might help you see what ur looking for better...

yea its a pain if its stock. small open end wrench and a 10 mins of ur time. turn the bars back and forth and jack the front end up it might help you see what ur looking for better...

Yes it is possible with lots of patience and care but you really need the bike on it's center stand or similar.

I have the same windscreen, it helps to have someone holding a light for you and handing you your beer. It take a lot of tiny turns of a wrench that bearly fits. Center stand, turn your front wheel as far as it will go.

I had one on my 95 and 01, but not my 05 as of yet. Its a pain to mount, but she sure looks good. Did you take apart the screen from the mounting bracket and polish it to a high shine? I did that with all of mine, but be careful when you tighten up the bolts again so you dont crack your windscreen.

I have the same windscreen, it helps to have someone holding a light for you and handing you your beer. It take a lot of tiny turns of a wrench that bearly fits. Center stand, turn your front wheel as far as it will go.

Any pics for us to see thought of getting one would like to know what they do at triple digits though:punk:

Any pics for us to see thought of getting one would like to know what they do at triple digits though:punk:
They work fine at speeds above 130 mph, I've tested this many times. They provide a bigger wind shadow than the OEM screen.
For normal use/ speeds the wind hits midway up the faceshield and protects my chest from the wind blast. I'm 6', have drag bars, forks lowered 2" and seat lowered 2-3 inches.

Attachments

• IMG_1174.jpg
    IMG_1174.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 36
They work fine at speeds above 130 mph, I've tested this many times. They provide a bigger wind shadow than the OEM screen.
For normal use/ speeds the wind hits midway up the faceshield and protects my chest from the wind blast. I'm 6', have drag bars, forks lowered 2" and seat lowered 2-3 inches.

Thank you for the reply I think I am sold as they are only 120.00 so its a done deal.:punk:
Ride hard,
ken

Its tight but a regular craftsman wrench will fit right in there. If I remember right its 17mm. Put some blue tape on it or wrap it with a cloth because you will bang it against something getting it in there.

Its tight but a regular craftsman wrench will fit right in there. If I remember right its 17mm. Put some blue tape on it or wrap it with a cloth because you will bang it against something getting it in there.

the turn signal bolts? I think they're 12mm

Thank you for the reply I think I am sold as they are only 120.00 so its a done deal.:punk:
Ride hard,
ken

Better price yet is for $106.20 SHIPPED!

http://www.helmetheadcycle.com/product/1841/givi-a123-yamaha-v-max-1200-2885-0829-windshield

I just picked one up. They do great over 100mph. I just tested my freshly installed one on my 05. Ran it about 80mph for 3 hours strait and a quick pitstop to refuel.

It makes such a difference on long high speed rides. I did the same ride on July 4th weekend and I was so ragged out from the wind. Your body compensates for the air pressure against you so once the windscreen is installed your more at ease for sure!

I found it easier to just remove the component that held the turn signals on and tighten it up then re-install it to the bike. Made it work pretty quickly, but you need long hex keys or sockets to do it.

Think they're referring to the nuts on the signal stems Garrett....which are 17mm.

u know what it is? i've never had OEM directionals. my bad! aftermarket ones are 12mm.

Better price yet is for $106.20 SHIPPED!

http://www.helmetheadcycle.com/product/1841/givi-a123-yamaha-v-max-1200-2885-0829-windshield

I just picked one up. They do great over 100mph. I just tested my freshly installed one on my 05. Ran it about 80mph for 3 hours strait and a quick pitstop to refuel.

It makes such a difference on long high speed rides. I did the same ride on July 4th weekend and I was so ragged out from the wind. Your body compensates for the air pressure against you so once the windscreen is installed your more at ease for sure!

I found it easier to just remove the component that held the turn signals on and tighten it up then re-install it to the bike. Made it work pretty quickly, but you need long hex keys or sockets to do it.
Good find, I need to replace the shield on mine b/c it's cracked. I cracked it by having my 1/2 cover on too tight on stormy/ windy days at work. :bang head::bang head:

Back