Glad to be back!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max03

Reaction score
So i took a break for awhile after i sold my 1st gen max. I had also owned an 09 Raider, in which i decided to keep over the 1st gen. When i sold my 1st gen i put the money away in an envelope that said vmax with a sad face. I always had intentions to purchase 2nd gen but couldn't seem to get the finances right to pull the trigger. So this year i started to get the itch again for a 2nd gen. I tried selling my Raider, and wasn't having much luck. So went down to my Yamaha dealer and came across an mt-10 in which i fell in love with. To me it was a no brainer, cross plane crank shaft sounded amazing. Super light weight, quick shifter, different ride modes, to top it off $12999. Showed the wife and asked what she thought, she then grabbed my hand and brought me over to the 2019 vmax on the floor. She says this is what i think! The dealership "Lanes Yamaha" gave me an amazing offer for my raider in trade, then pulling out my dusty envelope with my 1st gen money in it we pulled the trigger. I have never purchased a new motorcycle off the showroom floor. It was a very proud moment for me. Leaving the dealership riding home i quickly knew i made the right and best decision. I can't say enough about how awesome the second gen max is. I am so thankful to be say i finally got one. I know i rambled on but just so happy to finally have one!!!

Congradulations you will love it as I do mine. I Ordered mine and got to see it in the crate. If you had bought the mt-10 you would have liked it but you would always be thinking of the Vmax. I sold my 1988 max when I got the 2019 and the gen 2 is soooo much better in every way.

Congrats!!!! You'll enjoy the 2nd gen. I also sold my gen 1 to buy the 2nd gen. It was bitter sweet. Seneca falls, I sold a grab rail to a max owner in Seneca falls 6 years ago or so. We talked about this forum. Lanes Yamaha is a great dealership, never had a bad experience. Only dealer my dad will set foot in, because they actually treat you like a human instead of a pay day. Enjoy your new ride, and stay safe!!! Ride as much as you can, riding season is coming to a close in the Northeast, I'd atleast put enough miles on it to get the first service done, before winter storage.

Congrats!!!! You'll enjoy the 2nd gen. I also sold my gen 1 to buy the 2nd gen. It was bitter sweet. Seneca falls, I sold a grab rail to a max owner in Seneca falls 6 years ago or so. We talked about this forum. Lanes Yamaha is a great dealership, never had a bad experience. Only dealer my dad will set foot in, because they actually treat you like a human instead of a pay day. Enjoy your new ride, and stay safe!!! Ride as much as you can, riding season is coming to a close in the Northeast, I'd atleast put enough miles on it to get the first service done, before winter storage.
If you met that person that you sold your 1st gen grab bar to at the Watkins Glen Walmart Parking lot that was me!!! Small world! Lanes Yamaha is the only place that i would do business, i am Yamaha only, every thing i have is Yamaha! I love Lanes because the people that work there, and it reminds me of a mom and pop shop! Its very inviting, you feel right at home as soon as you walk through the door. That have a great inventory, and they always take time to shoot the shit and talk bike talk. They aren't pushy salesmen, just an absolute awesome place!

If you met that person that you sold your 1st gen grab bar to at the Watkins Glen Walmart Parking lot that was me!!! Small world! Lanes Yamaha is the only place that i would do business, i am Yamaha only, every thing i have is Yamaha! I love Lanes because the people that work there, and it reminds me of a mom and pop shop! Its very inviting, you feel right at home as soon as you walk through the door. That have a great inventory, and they always take time to shoot the shit and talk bike talk. They aren't pushy salesmen, just an absolute awesome place!

Haha, it is a small world. I'd say we could go ride, but I live in South Carolina now. But I do get up there once a year around the 4th of July when the weather is pleasant. We trailer our bikes up, my max, and the wife's vstar. Try to keep mileage down on my truck, plus the bikes are cheaper on gas......... Well the wife's is anyways, lol. If you feel a surge when cruising in town it's normal, and annoying, the nash flash eliminates that and also gives full power in the first couple gears. For some reason Yamaha put in a power restriction in the first few gears, up to around 30mph or so, and it eliminates the speed limiter. Stock they will only run about 137mph.
Lanes it's where I first saw a vmax, and Malcom lane was more than willing to tell me all about it. It was an 85 with V&H pipes, and was super clean with a list price of $4,999. I fell in love when he fired it up, it had a deep, demonic idle but was out of my price range. But I found one eventually. My dad bought a vstar from Lanes, had nothing but good to say about the deal. Lanes is really a class act. I found a dealer down here almost like them. They ain't pushy, and talk bike talk all day. It's just not in a country setting. They did the first oil change, and replaced my rear tire when it blew out. Not covered under warranty but they gave me the tire at discount, mounting and balancing was free you could say. It's a different beast than the 1st Gen. It doesn't take much to activate to rear abs. Be ready for rubber neckers, because it's a big eye ball catcher. I get compliments every place I go....... And the occasional fool that thinks it's another v twin, bahaha.

Back