Going for a spin...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a part of this clip earlier tonight at Bordom.net. I chuckled a bit then I started wondering why the bikes didn't have killswitches with lanyards attached to the riders.

I posted this in the Video section Yesterday. I thought it was funny as hell specially when they put the Cotton eye joe music to it the first time I seen it. I dont think they like the bikes to cut off in the super bikes when they crash because they dont want them to die so they can get back in the race that much quicker.

I watched this when Kyle first posted it. Reminds me of the Buffie St.Marie song, "The Circle Game." Who recalls what movie about 1960's college rebellion featured that song? No-fair googling! Hint: it had the name of a fruit in it.

You must be older than me.:rofl_200:
Yes, as I tell my sainted-wife, "it's been 'duh-'kades' since I began riding motorcycles, and I'm closer to not-riding than I am to beginning-riding-them!" Hope I have another 15 years...of riding. Keeps you young.

I began riding before there were disc brakes on bikes, or Japanese 4 cyl. bikes. A 250 cc was a 'mid-size,' and BSA's and Bultacos were known for their performance, on & off the road. Shortly after I began copping rides on an older brother's Jap. single, Yamaha had some sales success with something they called the "DT-1."

A local family who owned dealerships for European & British bikes had a son who went to Europe to race for Senor Bulto. I'd have to think he must have been one of the first of the Americans who raced in Europe for a factory team. They had a scramables track behind the shop where you could wring-out your new or recently-serviced bike. I recall the first time I rode with one of my friends on his Bultaco two-up, I didn't think you could go 'that-fast' and maintain control. It actually wasn't until years later that I was able to afford my own mcy. & have been an owner of one (or more) bikes ever-since. Some of my best mcy. memories are of riding enduros & hare scrambles before monoshock suspensions.

Yeah, I am getting old. I don't ride as-much as I used to, but I still like to get out there. I traded (not literally) my two-stroke offroad bike-riding for MTB riding. Speeds are slower, not much cheaper, but still a lot of fun. I've cut-back on that lately too, but then again I began doing that about 20 yrs. ago.

So, any movie buffs 'mature in-age' who can answer that question w/o googling?:ummm:

The very first time I saw it on Yahoo it had a song simialer to that playing . It was funny as hell thats the link I wanted to put up but I am not real PC smart so I had to put up the Youtube one.

Latest posts

Back