Good price???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ That looks like a Stock Yamaha Faux Carbon Fiber Tank Cover from a 1999 thru 2002 Vmax.
It's actually a Decal under Clear Coat straight from the Factory.

Pinwall is the seller, they're a huge bike breaker, I've dealt with them many times. They wouldn't be selling any 'counterfeit' stuff, if they say it's off an '00 that's where it came from.

Just about everything I got from them turned out better than they described.

They are original 1999-02 as has been noted. I have a decent one of these with a small chip in it. I think it's posted in the sale thread of the morleys section.

thanks guys.... so yall saying its worth it?? lol

jason

thanks guys.... so yall saying its worth it?? lol

jason

If it's worth it to you Jason then go for it but have you considered having your existing shell wrapped ? I just spoke to a friend in the wrapping business out here in MO and he can cover the shell in carbon effect or pretty much anything you can dream up for less than $100. The wrap is extremely durable, impervious to UV etc but can be removed fairly easily if you ever want to go to another theme.

Chris.

I believe there were 2 different shades of stock C.F. decals. If you are trying to match some off your existing '93s C.F. body work , make sure you have the matching shade. :punk:

I'd say $100 bucks to wrap my airbox lid, on a cold day in Hell. I don't know what wrap prices are but no way would I pay that much for a wrap. Paint?, yes, wrap, NO.

My current faux tank cover is dented in three places and i liked having the carbon fiber faux cover on my bike before i laid it down and destroyed it :damn angry: my front and rear fenders and side panels are carbon fiber already too so it matches. I figure that faux cover cost $300+ new so $150 aint bad.....

Jason

As stated above, the cf on the years it was available is not exactly the same color each year. It probably won't match what you already have. I know I would not be that lucky! :biglaugh:

As stated above, the cf on the years it was available is not exactly the same color each year. It probably won't match what you already have. I know I would not be that lucky! :biglaugh:

True, but the CF on my bike isnt stock, it came from Tyaga. And my side scoops arent CF so if the color is off you probably wont be able to tell since i wont have any CF by the faux cover to compare

Jason

My current faux tank cover is dented in three places and i liked having the carbon fiber faux cover on my bike before i laid it down and destroyed it :damn angry: my front and rear fenders and side panels are carbon fiber already too so it matches. I figure that faux cover cost $300+ new so $150 aint bad.....

Jason

LOL...sounds like youve ALREADY made your decision...if you want it....and can afford it...and it wont cause problems with a spouse of S.O...then buy it. Something is WORTH...whatever someone is willing to pay for it...

LOL...sounds like youve ALREADY made your decision...if you want it....and can afford it...and it wont cause problems with a spouse of S.O...then buy it. Something is WORTH...whatever someone is willing to pay for it...

Hahaha im just trying to make sure im getting a good deal or atleast not getting ripped off. Im talknig to Sean right now about one he has too. I prefer to buy from members on here anyways:biglaugh: i get good deals and try to return the favor when possible:punk:

Jason

Back