Good resting point

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Reaction score
I'm going to jack my bike so both wheels are off the floor, it will be like that and without wheels for a couple weeks. I don't want to leave it on the jack and will use the center stand as 2 resting points and a stack of wooden blocks for the 3rd point.

My question is, where to place the blocks, directly under the engine on the oil pan with shims to protect the drain plug?

Thanks

I've always put the bike on the centerstand then blocks of wood under the forks when I had the rims off.

Dan-o, should be fine as long as you don't rest on the headers. If you have engine guards you could use jack stands for the front end.

Thanks guys, the wheels won't be completey off, just the axles removed so I can get the brake rotors off, so the jack stands sound like the way to go.

Forgot about the header pipes. DUH!!:bang head:

i used the center stand and a stool from walmart (150 lbs) capacity for the front forks when i had mine up...

I also used the center stand and a pair of jack stands under the engine guards - works a treat.

I dug out and polished up my old 6 ton Goodyear Racing jack stands, they oughta hold it up, no problem! And, they're chrome!!:biglaugh:

BTW, a real easy way to pick the front up is with a square point shovel with a little piece of split tubing on the sharp edge to protect the tire. Makes a great lever and there's always one handy.:eusa_dance:

I have paddock stands that I use on the SV. I use the front one on the Vmax. Works a treat!

I temp install the center stand for the rear using a ratchet strap to hold tension on it so it doesn't roll off the stand. Learned the hard way on that one...:bang head:

Chris

I have paddock stands that I use on the SV. I use the front one on the Vmax. Works a treat!

I temp install the center stand for the rear using a ratchet strap to hold tension on it so it doesn't roll off the stand. Learned the hard way on that one...:bang head:

Chris

That's the kind of stuff nightmares are made of!! Hope nobody and nothing got hurt!:confused2:

Back