Goofy video of bozo(me) on a Busa

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdoprey

Reaction score
I've had a few ask about pic's and vid's of me dragracing. I've only got a few pics and my friend hosted a video of me on my old 04 LE Hayabusa. I thought that ya'll would get a kick out of it. My previous supervisor was testing out a new digital camera(for shooting HS football games) and went to the track with me. He then played around with some new editing software and came up with this video when i transfered out here to West Texas. I hope everyone can view it. Some have had to update their viewer i believe to see the vid. I can give details of bike and runs if anyone is interested.
If this being about a Busa is a problem or offends, we can delete this post. Just lemme know....
http://www.landshark2.com/markstuff.htm

My player would only play the sound, I'll look into updating it. Also, if it is posted on utube, you can just add the link into your post and people can click on it.

I couldn't play it either. Got some buffer overflow error from McAfee.

I had no problem playing either video. I'm on Mac using FireFox 3.0.3, and also have Flip4Mac software installed that may help..

That 'busa looked mean! Was it stk or heavily modified? Great response time off the lights btw :clapping::punk::eusa_dance:

Its hosted by a friend thats a computer guru. Dunno why, but about 75% of people have problems. Can only hear sound. I was one of them! I can't remember what i had to do to be able to view it. Its worth viewing if you've got the time to try.

The bike specs are:
04 LE Busa
Completely stk motor
Stk clutch w/ spring spacers to add spring pressure(needed when running nitrous)
Completely stk airbox w/ flapper still active(its common to mod the box for more flow)
BMC race drop-in filter
Stk ecu(no powercommander or any other tuning device)
Stk exhaust. I did remove the cans at the track. Usually picked up close to 1mph with the removed.
Strapped up front/lowered in rear with links
Stk swingarm. Wheelbase was sitting right on 58"
16/40 gearing(just -1 up front from stk)
Stk o-ring chain
Shinko Stealth 003 rear tire w/ 20-22# of air
Stk front tire w/45# of air
87 pump gas. Normally ran 1.5-2gal when racing.
All but one pass was made with the above spec's. All motor.
There was one pass where i ran a dry shot of Nitrous. You can tell by the mph it pulled(150mph). You can also tell in the slo-mo of that pass that i missed 5th gear TWICE, thus the mph was "only" 150. Normally pulled 143ish on motor and 153-155 on nitrous.
I weighed right at 185# suited at that time. I'm a little north of that figure now...:(

If you watch closely, you can see the 60's posted on the boards just before i went through the traps. I think the nitrous pass my 60' was 1.55, which was my best ever as of that time. Too bad i did'nt get video a few weeks later. Was consistantly in the 1.53-1.55's.
My personal best on that bike, exactally as described above was a 9.48 @ 144mph. My 60' on that pass was a 1.52. The very next day i went back to the track and hit a 9.49 @ 143mph(temp was 10deg higher), but with a 1.51 60'.

My player would only play the sound, I'll look into updating it. Also, if it is posted on utube, you can just add the link into your post and people can click on it.

I don't have it on Youtube. Dunno how. I do have the DVD, but dunno how to post it(its like 10min long and very high quality)

It's real easy to upload on Utube, but you need the video file as a .mov, .avi, .mp4 or similar.

Getting that from a DVD is rather difficult though, so I would try to see if you can contact the originator and whether he could still supply you with a data disk containing his original video file, or an mp4 compressed version ready for Utube upload..

It's real easy to upload on Utube, but you need the video file as a .mov, .avi, .mp4 or similar.

Getting that from a DVD is rather difficult though, so I would try to see if you can contact the originator and whether he could still supply you with a data disk containing his original video file, or an mp4 compressed version ready for Utube upload..

Holy Cow NG, ya' gotta speak English, man!! :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Stumbled right into your field of expertise, didn't we!

You've impressed the hell out of me-I'm a believer!! :worthy:

nah I do music, only dab at video..

And re-reading my post, I realized 'what a tool I am' - of course he's already got the video file - how else would he have posted it here? :icon_rolleyes::doh:

Anyway, Birdoprey, I'm gonna download yer file and see wot I can do about getting it on Utube, as long as you're happy to have it up there?

U beat me to it Buster!! I'm just waiting for Utube to finish processing the long one...

.... and here it is, the long version for all to enjoy!

watch

Great post, and thanks Buster and NG for workin on it! Someday.... my 230lb ass will be in the 9's.... someday!

Cool video ! To be honest with you, it would probably scare the CRAP out of me to go that fast. :biglaugh:

Wow, you guys are FAST!
Its funny, i originally thought that running nitrous would be scary. As long as the front was on the ground on the 1-2 shift, it just seemed to rev faster. Guess i did'nt notice the xtra accelleration. Had to REALLY pay attention to foot shifting when on nitrous. It normally knocked off .3 and added 10mph in the 1/4. Wish i had video of a little later when i got a little better

good video I also couldnt play the video from your link.. What is the file extention.. meaning... Such as hayabusa.COM Hayabusa.WMV Hayabusa.AVI

They have free software convertors. Most are able to view MPV files and AVI

good video I also couldnt play the video from your link.. What is the file extention.. meaning... Such as hayabusa.COM Hayabusa.WMV Hayabusa.AVI

They have free software convertors. Most are able to view MPV files and AVI

I don't know the extention. I was given a dvd with it on there and that what i gave to my friend that hosted it. Have no idea how or what he did.

Ok check this out..

Pop the DVD (Shiney round disc looking into your PC cup holder

Goto my computer and look in the DVD drive most are E , F open it and save it to my documents.. Now its on your hard drive and now you can post it on youtube..

I LOVE SPEED !!!!! AND THATS FLYING !!! 9.31 AT A BUCK FIFTY , " HELL YEAH " THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT !:punk:PS. IF YOU STILL HAVE THAT BIKE , I'D LOVE TO TAKE IT FOR A BLAST !:biglaugh:

Ok check this out..

Pop the DVD (Shiney round disc looking into your PC cup holder

Goto my computer and look in the DVD drive most are E , F open it and save it to my documents.. Now its on your hard drive and now you can post it on youtube..

I'll see if i can find it and do it later tonite. I'll see if my wife knows what a DVD looks like so it won't take so long...

Back