Greetings from Taup

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked like a great ride all around. Thanks for sharing the pictures. beutiful place you guys live in.

Got home round 3.30pm after leaving Taupo just after 9am . I hit rain showers but 50kms east of taupo and they remained with me on the rest of the ride (450km) . This guy in a white nissan (i think) was all over me in the hills as he tried to overtake me in a passing lane while i was doing a steady 110kmph only to run out of guts and i left him behind he then overtook me on a corner only to end up over a bank :rofl_200:
I encountered bout 30 roadworks on the way home so my nice claen Max was no longer .Overall had a awesome weekend and was good to catch up with Steve again .
Left home ealy fri morning to return mid sunday , total ks ridden 1117 km on a stock seat - no worries . :punk::clapping:

Attachments

• Taupo Ride 117.jpg
    Taupo Ride 117.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 13
  • Taupo Ride 118.jpg
    Taupo Ride 118.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Taupo Ride 098.jpg
    Taupo Ride 098.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 14
I had disaster on the way home, my backpack zips worked loose along the way
and at speed I guess the air just made it worse and opened it further.
I never felt anything fall out apart from feeling like my pack wasn't so heavy and digging into my shoulders, so I suddenly realized what was going on and pulled over.
Sure enough most of the contents was gone!

Phuk! so I turned around and rode back looking along the way, found my bike cover first, some clothes and found my mobile phone completely undamaged thank god it was in it's cover. I then found my new Kodak video camera further along but found it was run over and screwed :bang head:
I was panicking about my good digital camera but luckily it was in my jacket pocket thank god. The worst loss is my small laptop, gone, never found it:bang head:, however even if I did find it I knew it would be toast.
Shit, it will take some $ to replace all this stuff:bang head:

Oh, well at least I beat the rain going home:biglaugh:

Thats a real bummer , me liked that vid cam , must be gutted bout the laptop . Apart from rain the Max went skating thru a round about in Napier must of hit some oil or something - talk about waking me up but was all good . :clapping:

Some great pics, really nice views :clapping:

Ill place that one on mine wallpaper :D

attachment.php

Thanks for that , its mine to at the mo . Glad everyone enjoyed the pics etc just a pity the weather wasnt better . So much for summer . :confused2:

What bad weather... I went North remember...about 2 drops of rain the whole way:eusa_dance::biglaugh:

Looks like you guys had a good time, very nice bikes. I'll have to post some pictures of our 5 day west coast trip to Kawhia and Raglen last week.

Latest posts

Back