grinder issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxrom

Reaction score
sometimes you do things the wrong way, even when you are use to it.
Usuly i always waere my welding helmet when i do things like this.
7" cutting wheel on a no-gard 5" grinder:rofl_200:
I`ve been lucky; only a little scratch on left cheek.:worthy:
http://youtu.be/C9bDOexzGc8

Right there with ya, I had a cut-off wheel explode on me. My safety glasses were on the top of my head at the time.
But, like Shad said. If your going to have a scar, have a cool one. :biglaugh:

cuty.jpg

J____s C____t, KJ! I thougHt you were more safety-conscious! Geez, I am so glad you guys weren't seriously injured, like losing an eye!

I guess we all have our moments. I certainly saw plenty of results of poor behavior around machinery & tools, I don't even like to think about some of the stuff I saw. Picking-up body parts to place them in red biohazard bags to see if the victim can have the surgeons do something w/what was retrieved is a real appetite-curbing behavior.

Right there with ya, I had a cut-off wheel explode on me. My safety glasses were on the top of my head at the time.
But, like Shad said. If your going to have a scar, have a cool one. :biglaugh:

Wow, you had it realy badly
But you did`nt loose your eye:worthy:

But you see; with a weldingn helmet or face shield those issue won`t happen

And if you wan`a`know = in the past, i`ve been working for ALCOA for 5 years or so,
Alcoa is a verrrrrrry safely company, i was a Fall-protection SPA and lock-out-tag-out involved help-hand and so for machine guarding. Doing things like this at work and they would fired me off,:bang head:

J____s C____t, KJ! I thougHt you were more safety-conscious! Geez, I am so glad you guys weren't seriously injured, like losing an eye!
I guess we all have our moments. I certainly saw plenty of results of poor behavior around machinery & tools, I don't even like to think about some of the stuff I saw. Picking-up body parts to place them in red biohazard bags to see if the victim can have the surgeons do something w/what was retrieved is a real appetite-curbing behavior.

Normally I am, I just put the glasses on the top of my head, then I seen some burrs so I hit it with the wheel for a split second when it gave way.

When I was doing the firefighter/rescue thing, there was a big wreck out on Chena Hot Springs road. Many dead on the scene among the multi-car pile up. There was body mass in the roadway, Looking at the carnage it was surreal. Like something in the movies.

KJ, you could use that to pick up chicks. tell em' a shark had his jaws on you're face and you kicked it's ass :biglaugh:....Had a buddy with a scar who used to bs girls years ago

I was around I would have kicked your ass! Literally!! I work in industrial construction and we as a company all vow to no one gets hurt not today or tomorrow. We all look out for one another and the new up and coming kids, but seriosly pull your head out of your ass. This is just a friend talking to you as a friend watch out for yourself and think of "what if" and who will your actions affect? loved ones, your everyday life etc. but seriously stay cool with the tool!

I was around I would have kicked your ass! Literally!! I work in industrial construction and we as a company all vow to no one gets hurt not today or tomorrow. We all look out for one another and the new up and coming kids, but seriosly pull your head out of your ass. This is just a friend talking to you as a friend watch out for yourself and think of "what if" and who will your actions affect? loved ones, your everyday life etc. but seriously stay cool with the tool!

:ummm: I totally agree with you! He would surely be fired anywhere I have worked. And keep your dog out when doing this type work as you will blind him too!

:ummm: I totally agree with you! He would surely be fired anywhere I have worked. And keep your dog out when doing this type work as you will blind him too!

And yes i agree with you for the safety,
As i told i ALWAYS weare my welding helmet with the shade window open, witch is verry much more protection than safety glasses

But you know, in the moment everybody makes mistake, and my folk (SPEEDCOSTSMONEY) as`nt remark this to stop me.

I was little shy of this video, but if sharing can save ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, something:worthy:

... tell em' a shark had his jaws on you're face and you kicked it's ass :biglaugh:....Had a buddy with a scar who used to bs girls years ago

lol, people would ask me what happened. I would reply, "do you want what happened or what I tell people what happened." Another officer and I had a pretty good bear story.

It was pretty funny, how small town rumors spread. I called my Lt. and told him I might be a little bit late for my shift and that I had to get some stitches. About an hour later, I made it to work on time, but the story about town was I had a chainsaw jump on me and took a bite, and the other one was I was knifed, with several saying they heard it from nurses at the hospital. The information network in that town was scary.

My eye turned totally red, with the exception of the blue portion. It freaked people out. When I would do a traffic stop or a bar check, some of the reactions were priceless.

But all and all, I think it healed up just fine.

hangingoutc.jpg

Back