Grips! ???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82ndCowboy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found a set of Pro One Grips that I really really really really like a lot. But the damn things don't come in 7/8 inch... Bastards!

Anywho...

Can the Kuryakin grips be found that are full assemblies or do I have to get the glue on universal ones?
Or if anyone knows of a way to get the 1 inch bar grips onto a 7/8 inch bar and would like to share... I'd be mighty grateful!

I put the Kuryakin grips on a guys Vmax last summer and while I had to glue them, they were still made for the 7/8" bars and he LOVES them. He has huge hands though...:icon_rolleyes:

I used 1 inch grips a few years ago. All you need is an extra throttle sleeve on the left side grip to take up the extra space (cut to fit). With the right side the throttle sleeve works with nothing else to alter (actually I seem to remember I got 2 left side grips and put the complete VMAX sleeve in the right side and the cut one in the other..you may be able to just cut both if needed or if you can't get two left grips but not sure if the throttle linkage on those grips are the same or different)

If you go with 7/8" universal Kuryakyn iso-grips they are so much bigger round than the stockers you may feel like you've got 1" grips...they are a lot bigger round than the stockers...And I love them.

If you go with 7/8" universal Kuryakyn iso-grips they are so much bigger round than the stockers you may feel like you've got 1" grips...they are a lot bigger round than the stockers...And I love them.

Yeah, I know they are a lot bigger. But I really am picky about the look I want, And I'm just not all that crazy about the look of the regular ISO grips. Yeah Yeah, everyone says they are the best. But I really want those Twisted rubber grips!
I'm just picky like that.

Latest posts

Back