Grrrrr...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OU812

Reaction score
:bang head: Well, it's Monday... New week-new problem... Cruizin' home from a Dr. app. nice n easy, actually behaving myself, out of no where, attempt to slide it up into 5th, n well, no 5th gear... Get it wowed up, down shifting down to where 1st. should be, and can't drop below neutral. WTF I say...:ummm: So, only about 1/2 mile from the ranch, nurse it gently home. Jackin' "wiff" it a bit in the garage, NO 1st<<<< NO 5th<<<< :confused2: Please tell me this is common and not terminal. By the way, no grinding-banging, popping outta gear, nuttin'... just gone... Sean ? Any takers ?

Sounds like shift segment. You'll have to remove the clutch basket to inspect.

"prolly" don't know the center nut size in the basket off hand would ya... ? I know I will have to gaff one from a buddy of mine that "might" have one for an impact... Ya, the more I've been reading here, that sure is what it feels like. Wonder where I,m gonna find the pins... Have those been known to disappear in the motor or just hang outta the apparatus hindering the rotation... ?

Wonder, does Sean have the upgraded segment that I might need along with the gaskets ? Sean ?

Sean probably has the parts. I'm not sure of the nut size. Segment needed is from model year '99 or later.

I just send a set of this stuff out today but have enough for 2 more on hand right now so you're in luck.

$40.16 4NK-18185-00-00 SEGMENT Qty: 1
$9.35 93604-12037-00 PIN, DOWEL Qty: 5
$1.13 93604-16092-00 PIN, DOWEL Qty: 1
$1.94 90151-06013-00 . SCREW, COUNTERSUNK Qty 1

I think the clutch gasket is $7.44.

$7 shipping.

I do even have the DD mod parts on hand too.

Sean

Latest posts

Back