gunk in crank vent

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ski3747270

Reaction score
Took the airbox off tonight while changing main jets (sean !), and noticed some yellow-brown liquid from where the crank vent tube attaches to the lower airbox.

The double-headed vent tubes going to the velocity stacks were clear of any obstructions

Took the inner compartment apart, and this is the subject of the pictures.

Guessing this is frothy oil...there wasnt too much, but enough for me to figure it just "didnt look right."

Understand the pics arent the best, but has anyone else seen this?

Thanks
Chris

(and no, mitchell, this doesnt mean yours is faster than mine :whistlin:)

Attachments

• airbox 001.jpg
    airbox 001.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 34
  • airbox 002.jpg
    airbox 002.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 29
This isn't an abnormal condition. Remember there is a certain amount of vapour that is collected in the airbox and that is the oil/water emulsion you are seeing. Clean it out periodically when you happen to be in the airbox and ride....

Damn I have never had that much in an airbox
How many miles are on that motor your getting a lot of blow by which may be rings I would do a compression check

I've seen it a few times and usually not worried about it. Stage seven started making restrictors to put inline with the PCV hose. If it continues to pump a lot of junk in there we can get you one of those. They aren't expensive but I hardly ever have the need for one.

Took the airbox off tonight while changing main jets (sean !), and noticed some yellow-brown liquid from where the crank vent tube attaches to the lower airbox.

The double-headed vent tubes going to the velocity stacks were clear of any obstructions

Took the inner compartment apart, and this is the subject of the pictures.

Guessing this is frothy oil...there wasnt too much, but enough for me to figure it just "didnt look right."

Understand the pics arent the best, but has anyone else seen this?

Thanks
Chris

(and no, mitchell, this doesnt mean yours is faster than mine :whistlin:)
mine looked close to that with 3000 miles...since that i went to 3.5 quarts or top of the window instead of 4 like the manual said and many others said on the site......so im thinking the over fill of oil would puke more oil into the catch because motor didnt have enough space to breath.......

Back