Handlebar suggestions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supervetteracer

Reaction score
Just bought an almost brand new 01 VMax. :eusa_dance: This thing has 4k on it. And the guy bought it new.

The carbs are dirty and I am cleaning them this weekend.

Riding this bike for the first time I immidiatly realized a serious flaw. This bike has some serious BALLS! And very tight handlbars. :ummm: You can't even use the mirrors because they are in so tight.

I need wider handle bars. Got any suggestions?

By "tight," I suppose he means they are narrow? Less than $30 at your local dealer or parts house to fix that, i suggest something w/less rise than stock.

Just bought an almost brand new 01 VMax. :eusa_dance: This thing has 4k on it. And the guy bought it new.

The carbs are dirty and I am cleaning them this weekend.

Riding this bike for the first time I immidiatly realized a serious flaw. This bike has some serious BALLS! And very tight handlbars. :ummm: You can't even use the mirrors because they are in so tight.

I need wider handle bars. Got any suggestions?

By "tight," I suppose he means they are narrow? Less than $30 at your local dealer or parts house to fix that, i suggest something w/less rise than stock.

I had the same issue. I got tired of looking at my shoulders to I bought some drag bars off of eBay(Sean (morley's muscle has them too, scope out the post above. Great dude to do business with) and a set of bar-end mirrors. I can't remember the cost, but it wasn't much.

p10301511.jpg

I use TOMASSELLI ADJUSTABLE handle bars since 5 years
Theese are very ergonomic compare to drag bars

I`m doing oftenly Montreal - Rimouski (360miles) non stop,
simply comfortable

I just measured my bars. 27 and a 1/2 inches.... Jez... My Harley was 32 inches. How wide are the euro bars?

I don't need any more pull back, not rize, just wider. But I also don't want to have to change wires, tubes etc.

Specs for the Euro bar are on our website (and the other bars too). See signature or banner above.

Sean

I replaced my stock bars out, I got the close to the same pull back but 34 wide. I was able to remount every thing with little problems. Took off the fly screen to move the brake and clutch lines and pull a little slack out for the wiring. But any thing taller or wider than I got I would have to change lines and wiring to get it all back together

Pro-Taper SE series (SE stands for 7/8th's) in the "Carmichael bend" work great and feel perfect, little less rise, little less pull back and about 32"-33" wide.

No more "sit up and beg" feel to the bike...

I was running UFO drag bars and they are way better in the feel, not as aggresive as drag bars in regards to that "lean forward" issue....

There are a couple of guys around Houston that have started running them, I just liked 'em on my XR650 so much I figured why not give 'em a try?

They're around $65 I think.....

Plus they have that cool crossbar and pad, since they are dirt bike bars....but you don't have to install that part if you don't want to.

No changing the wires or lines etc.......

Isn't the crossbar necessary for rigidity? I was looking at the dealer today and he mentioned you should nt run the bars without the crossbar in place? BS or true?

Last edited:
I'm running the same bars as Rusty and I can say there the ones that fit the best for me.

As far as the crossbar, I had a set without it and now with it and it is fine either way for street use. The crossbar would definitely be needed in a motorcross application.

Mike

Isn't the crossbar necessary for rigidity? I was looking at Adair at the dealer today and he mentioned you should nt run the bars without the crossbar in place? BS or true?

Hmm....I'd have say that off road bars with out the cross bar being used are as strong as any road bar....the cross bar just makes it triangulated so their stronger when huge amount of weight is Put on them in a landing.

Aluminum mx bars are pretty stout even without the crossbar. Stronger than the thin walled steel streetbike bars are made of. If you've ever bent a set in a wreck and tried to straighten them out you'd know what I mean.

Latest posts

Back