Headed out to get a 95

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No wonder I cant ever figure out which bike I wanna keep. I keep dragging new ones home.LOL I am laeving about 1pm today & driving over tho Ft Pierce & picking up a 95 that needs the carbs rebuilt on it. I hate going over there that late I like to leave early in the morning when I go to the other coast.

You should look into a medium sized Helicopter or a small cargo plane with all the times you go to the East Coast of Florida to pick up parts and VMax's....:rofl_200::biglaugh:

Well just got home about 30 minutes ago. I am pretty happy all he had to show me yesterday was a crappy blurry phone picture that you could barely make out but he assured me the bike was clean besides the carbs being screwed up he said it was pretty much stock besides the Kerker & Stage 7. I got there & it was a 96 instead of a 95 + 1 also had all braided lines,cybermax headlight,mini blinkers,side mount tag ,drag bars,bar end mirrors,nice steering stabalizer & its really clean. It was getting dark tonight will get some better pics later.

Attachments

• 96 Vmax Ft Pirce 006.jpg
    96 Vmax Ft Pirce 006.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 96 Vmax Ft Pirce 007.jpg
    96 Vmax Ft Pirce 007.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 96 Vmax Ft Pirce 008.jpg
    96 Vmax Ft Pirce 008.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 96 Vmax Ft Pirce 009.jpg
    96 Vmax Ft Pirce 009.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 96 Vmax Ft Pirce 010.jpg
    96 Vmax Ft Pirce 010.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 45
So is this something you are repairing for a customer or someone getting-off a ride they don't want to mess with any more? (Fix/re-sell)

Well just got home about 30 minutes ago. I am pretty happy all he had to show me yesterday was a crappy blurry phone picture that you could barely make out but he assured me the bike was clean besides the carbs being screwed up he said it was pretty much stock besides the Kerker & Stage 7. I got there & it was a 96 instead of a 95 + 1 also had all braided lines,cybermax headlight,mini blinkers,side mount tag ,drag bars,bar end mirrors,nice steering stabalizer & its really clean. It was getting dark tonight will get some better pics later.
From the pics, the bike looks very clean. Have fun....Rick

You sure come up with some real deals. But, I know how much effort you put into them... Congrats, this should be a money maker for sure...

Dave

Looks great! I would take the Cybermax and throw in the trash though. :)

Nice looking Max! My brother is wanting to sell his '77 GS750, and will probably be looking for a V-Max in the next month or so. Let me know when you get this one ready to sell.

Looks great! I would take the Cybermax and throw in the trash though. :)
Geez, I actually like the looks of that, "Terminator" style! But I read on here where someone said the light output was really poor, so I have removed it from my list of "somedays."

What type of steering damper?

I'm always glad to hear people we know are getting these deals. Cybermax is probably fine for someone that does not ride at night. I like the look myself but have a custom oversized headlight myself with Piaa driving lights. I've been looking for a HyperPro damper if that is what you got Kyle. Lastly Kyle, you need to look into small truck for all that driving you have been doing. Even a four cylinder small SUV pulls 1,500 pounds no problem. A four banger S-10 would do to. Just saying. Thanks for the call too ! PATMAX

I'm always glad to hear people we know are getting these deals. Cybermax is probably fine for someone that does not ride at night. I like the look myself but have a custom oversized headlight myself with Piaa driving lights. I've been looking for a HyperPro damper if that is what you got Kyle. Lastly Kyle, you need to look into small truck for all that driving you have been doing. Even a four cylinder small SUV pulls 1,500 pounds no problem. A four banger S-10 would do to. Just saying. Thanks for the call too ! PATMAX
Not sure waht kind of Damper this is I have not seen a name on it unless its printed on the back of one of the clamps where I cant see it. I would consider another truck but it would be another insurance payment plus I like the power of mine. I could use Christines V6 Exterra for one bike on flat land and save a little gas. WE used hers once to go to Tennesee pulling both bikes & I will never do that again thing would not get out of its own way.

PATMAX, Good to hear something from you.. Hope all is well...

Kyle, still a helicopter would be great and cut down the travel times...:rofl_200:

PATMAX, Good to hear something from you.. Hope all is well...

Kyle, still a helicopter would be great and cut down the travel times...:rofl_200:

And the soundtrack for the rotary aircraft trips?
"Kaptain Kopter and his Twirlybirds!"
It's Randy California of Spirit. RIP, poor guy drowned in HI.
Here's a great version of one of his best efforts, "I Don't Want Nobody," done nearly 40 yrs. ago by the G.F.O.S. himself rockin' the stage! No cape yet.

Also recommend "Captain Beyond,"
Try their "Myopic Void"
It might remind you of Joe Walsh & the James Gang doing "Bolero."

Great travelling music, it pushes you down the road or thru the air! I still have a lot of vinyl.

As for your alternatives to a gas-thirsty fullsize p/u, I have a 3.7 L. inline-5 GMC Canyon, it has a 5500 lb tow capacity & recently pulling a utility trailer from Miami to Melbourne for supplies, I got 19+ MPG avg. both ways for running 70+ MPH, a-c cranked, on cruise control. 223 cu in/242 HP, 242 ft lb torque. The 1993 Mustang GT only had 225 HP & was rated @ 143 MPH, better aero, of course! The GMC? Much better than the Chevy "dime" p/u's, the S-10 GMC S-15 they replaced. It pisses-off the Hemi's when they have to stay in passing gear in-order to pull me from a light! WIth the speed limiter bypassed (it voids your warranty) the will do 125 MPH "so I am told.":rofl_200:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI0HEsWyXPA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNYuoItBYf4

I have to listen to mellow music. I already have a habit of driving 80-85 on the freeway hence the not so great gas milage. I like my full size truck & I am always hauling something in it & like the 8 foot bed plus its paid for. If I would keep my foot off the pedal & do 70 mph it would get 15 mpg not great but not bad for 488 cubic inches.

Back