Helmet face lift

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxcruzer

Reaction score
Been thinking about snazzing up my shabby looking helmet, new paint. I like the flat black look but isn't that special paint?
Throw some ideas at me...Every time I think about what I'm gonna do I get frustrated cuz I never get anywhere.

Been thinking about snazzing up my shabby looking helmet, new paint. I like the flat black look but isn't that special paint?
Throw some ideas at me...Every time I think about what I'm gonna do I get frustrated cuz I never get anywhere.

How old is your helmet???

Most "experts" recommend replacement every few years......:confused2:

Thats probably why I never come up with an idea, I know it'll look bad and I'll end up buying a new one. Functionally its sound it's just been dropped from knee high a few times (grandkids) and has some chips and scratches on the clearcoat. I'd like to buy a new one but can't afford it right now. Three years isn't so bad, even without a paint job I'm gonna wear it this year. I'll check the local shops and see how reasonable they are or not and decide.

You can do what I did. Just get a skin until you make up your mind.
http://www.skullskins.net/

Eventually I'm going to have it painted up nice, but I have no clue what to do for the paint job. so I just wrapped it up in a washable skin.

Attachments

• Skin.jpg
    Skin.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 21
If you like just a flat black, next time you get a helmet look for one with "rubatone" as the color option. My Icon Alliance SSR came in that, which is a flat, almost rubbery finish. The nice thing, it doesn't scratch. At all. Ever. Except for a few thousand bugs plastered into it, the exterior still looks new after 3 years. And I believe the Alliance lids go for about $150, a bargain for the quality and comfort.

You can do what I did. Just get a skin until you make up your mind.
http://www.skullskins.net/

Eventually I'm going to have it painted up nice, but I have no clue what to do for the paint job. so I just wrapped it up in a washable skin.

Thats bad ass! I forgot about those covers.
Good advice from RaWarrior too...Anniverasary's coming up, might have to get the wife in a head lock.

Back