Help me find....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2fear

Reaction score
I have been wanting to get some carb diaphragm "stack covers" in polished aluminum with the screen inserts. I would like to know who sell them and what should I expect to pay. I have seen a few variations on bikes so if you want to post some pics with the info that would be great.

Yep, I have 4 sets of the Jedi covers on hand available for sale (see prices in the Morleys Muscle section)

Thanks for the info, I'm kinda liking the Exactrep style.

I think i have some extra heavy duty screen leftover that i used on mine that i can send you for yours, if you buy them. I painted the outside of the carb covers flat black then installed the screen and i have had numerous people bend over and look directly in them and would swear they were real...

I even had a few vmax guys think they were v-gas carbs...
i said no these are p-gas (poor mans gas) :biglaugh:

Hey Chuck , are you going with the ones from exaxtrep that are all one lenght or the mix of 2 short , 2 normal length?

I like the looks of the "standard length" stacks over the short ones.

The short stacks look too stubby to me.

These would be another cool option
http://www.v-max-f-maerz.de/vmaxkatalog/1050/1052f_en.html
1052f.jpg

I like the looks of the "standard length" stacks over the short ones.

The short stacks look too stubby to me.

These would be another cool option
http://www.v-max-f-maerz.de/vmaxkatalog/1050/1052f_en.html
1052f.jpg

Sweet for sure, but I've heard it takes forever to get anything shipped from them, especially to the US. And then there's the cost...
Live rates at 2010.12.14 17:00:00 UTC
238.00 EUR = 318.687 USD Euro United States Dollars 1 EUR = 1.33902 USD 1 USD = 0.746814 EUR
*Hopefully I did the right conversion, it shows that the German Mark is a obsolete currency.

I think i have some extra heavy duty screen leftover that i used on mine that i can send you for yours, if you buy them. I painted the outside of the carb covers flat black then installed the screen and i have had numerous people bend over and look directly in them and would swear they were real...

I even had a few vmax guys think they were v-gas carbs...
i said no these are p-gas (poor mans gas) :biglaugh:

Bill , I have some screen material ( s.s. ) left over from a job. What size did you use , or better yet , do you have a close up pic of yours available ?

Bill , I have some screen material ( s.s. ) left over from a job. What size did you use , or better yet , do you have a close up pic of yours available ?

heres a pic for you Rollie.
its just a heavy guage window screen, its made for pets to keep them from tearing it. i have some leftover that im not using if you want me to mail you some. sorry the pics are not in focus...

Attachments

• PB020348 (Small).JPG
    PB020348 (Small).JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 12
  • PB020344 (Small).JPG
    PB020344 (Small).JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 12
heres a pic for you Rollie.
its just a heavy guage window screen, its made for pets to keep them from tearing it. i have some leftover that im not using if you want me to mail you some. sorry the pics are not in focus...

Thanks for the offer Bill , what you used is very close to what I have. Thought about putting it on the carb ( exactrep ) extensions , just never got " round to it " ! :punk: May be a project for when it gets cold ! :rofl_200:

Hey, everybody. I ordered a set of the polished stacks from Sean. How do you mount the screen to the stacks? Does it just get put under them or do you put it down inside the stack? Thanks.

Hey, everybody. I ordered a set of the polished stacks from Sean. How do you mount the screen to the stacks? Does it just get put under them or do you put it down inside the stack? Thanks.
I sure would like to see some close up pics after install, if you can hook me up with a couple shots that would be great!

Latest posts

Back