help me setup my vmax suspension

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidwin

Reaction score
So i weigh fully loaded about 210-215. i have the progressive springs in the front dropped 1 inch. I have a set of 416 i bought used from captainkyle. Currently i have them set on 2 up top and the bottom i have it one notch furthest from the left. Kyle said these are 12.5 shocks but they feel more like 11.5 to be honest. i'm beyond flat footed now. i have sean's seat which already dropped me down some and now the bike feels lower but i do like it.

The vmax now rides like my fz1. a little rougher than i would like it. would clicking the shock further to the left make it taller? i'm guessing number 1 would make is softer. i just wouldn't to be bouncy.

thanks
sid

You need input from Sean Morley or CaptainKyle or one of the other Real Guru's. There are many here. I just tweak mine until it does what I want. What works for me may be all wrong for you....

Good Luck.....

I would just play with the settings a bit & see what you like the best. Its kind of hard to set up some one elses bike since every one has diffrent riding styles & likes things a little diffrent. I have the 418's like I sold you but mine are 11 inch & my bike is lowered 2 inches in the front & its a little rough but for what I am doing its fine. I am just trying to keep the front end on the ground at the strip.

Back