HID headlights

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well after riding around a bit and a few fingers later lol i had to take the bulb out. I guess the factory lense does refract light a lot more. So guess i take back what i said. Im picking up a clear lense today.

well after riding around a bit and a few fingers later lol i had to take the bulb out. I guess the factory lense does refract light a lot more. So guess i take back what i said. Im picking up a clear lense today.

So your saying that the HID bulbs arent recommended to be used in the stock headlight? What about if it was upgraded to a new 5 3/4 diamond cut lense?

So your saying that the HID bulbs arent recommended to be used in the stock headlight? What about if it was upgraded to a new 5 3/4 diamond cut lense?

IMHO - no.

Beam from HID should go trough smoth and as far possible flat lens, stock headlight have corrugated lens and HID beam will distract in multiple directions
on it.

I've been running HID sys for 2 years now and not a problem with it. I love it. Wouldn't go back to stock at all. can see all of the road and the sides too where the deer are.

Let me know when You get some fitting info about any shrouds.
Ill be appreciate.

I have one seller around that claims D2R will fit straight into ours projectors.
He also said that those are BMW projectors.

Look what I found: http://www.jvxdriver.com/d2_base_to_h3_conversion.htm

It seems it will be difficult to fit D2R or D2S bulbs in our projectors.
I saw the best bulb will be a H3C (mini) HID bulb.

yea i used the H3c in mine they work great, i also removed the inside reflector plate (i think its to direct the beam downward) i have a cybermax headlight. NOW I CAN SEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! :eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Przemek, thanks for the heads up that HID's are illegal in non Xenon lights... I just bought HID's for the Vmax 8k and 6k bulbs :( BOOOO!

Latest posts

Back