highway pegs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marsam

Reaction score
i put 300 miles on a trip this weekend. i am 5'9' and i am cramped. i don't see how lowering a seat will help. to me it seems like it would be worse. i have yamaha crash bars with the v logo. is there threads behind the v emblem where you can add pegs? or do you have to clamp something on?
thanks,
mark

No threads behind the "V". I've seen where someone drilled and tapped then put a footpeg on it. Otherwise tho only other way is to clamp a highway peg on it.

i put 300 miles on a trip this weekend. i am 5'9' and i am cramped. i don't see how lowering a seat will help. to me it seems like it would be worse. i have yamaha crash bars with the v logo. is there threads behind the v emblem where you can add pegs? or do you have to clamp something on?
thanks,
mark

It's true, there isn't a thread behind the emblem. However, there also isn't enough metal thickness for a proper thread to be tapped.
I also wanted a thread in the crash bars, (not for highway pegs, but for attaching fairing lowers), so I inserted 3/8" tee nuts in the ends, after drilling the appropriate holes. I then spot-welded each nut in four places, after filing off the chrome. The chrome finish on my bars was poor to begin with, so after installing the tee nuts, the bars were sandblasted and powdercoated black.
An even stronger attachment point for highway pegs could be provided by drilling the bars out to 1/2", end cap and back, inserting a piece of threaded rod (better still, a long bolt), and welding it in place at the back.
Another alternative, if you wanted highway pegs on the crash bars only for occasional use, would be to install the pegs with the long bolt, and use a nut to secure them at the back side of the bar. Spacers would then have to be used between the bars and the bike frame to compensate for the nut thickness. With the pegs not attached, the holes in the ends of the bars could be covered by those plastic end caps designed for furniture legs. I have used these - the 1 1/4" size is a perfect, snug fit.
Cheers, Miles

thanks,
mark

I use these, they fit well on the oem crash bars. M-cman sent me the link which I can't locate right now, but will look it up if you're interested.

Attachments

• 100_1874.jpg
    100_1874.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 70
i had the oem highway bars once and put pegs on them. had to take them off as they were the flip down b/c i kept scraping them b/c they stuck out like an inch.

i just end up putting my feet on the crash bars, seems to work for me when i need to stretch out.

i just end up putting my feet on the crash bars, seems to work for me when i need to stretch out.

Used to do that but found it was so comfortable I would nod off and my feet would slip off the crash bars, scaring the hell out of me!!

With these my feet stay planted and I can enjoy a short little 'cat nap'!! :biglaugh:

Used to do that but found it was so comfortable I would nod off and my feet would slip off the crash bars, scaring the hell out of me!!

With these my feet stay planted and I can enjoy a short little 'cat nap'!! :biglaugh:
i see what you mean dan, ya well safety first, dont want to get your feet all bang up do you. So what ever lets you have that cat nap without risking anything im all for that:biglaugh:

i see what you mean dan, ya well safety first, dont want to get your feet all bang up do you. So what ever lets you have that cat nap without risking anything im all for that:biglaugh:

Thanks Mang....Watch those Catnip Naps man

Absolutely!!! Just gotta pick yer spots is all....long straights, light traffic....you know!! :punk:

i hear ya im always resting while driving in the car or truck, actually im half asleep now :sleep:

Latest posts

Back