HOT batteryTender

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magna_dude74

Reaction score
So I have the little BatteryTender Jr, and this thing gets pretty hot when it is in charge mode, and a little warm in float mode. when I say HOT I would say it is about 110+degs, not hot enough to melt, but enough for me to ask in this post. Does anyone else have this problem? I thought about sending it back, but they want $15.00 to bench it and I pay shipping if it's not mfg default. Well for $30.00 I can get a new one.

Also I have posted/replied all differant places here, I can never remember what I chimed in on, is there a way to filter for posts I have participated in? This is possible on the Starmax forum.

Thanks,
Steve

:punk: Hey, they get hot when the're working. No problem, Spurs

Cool thanks, I was starting to get worried. Seems like it take a few hours after the ride to get back into float mode. I know it is like a trickle charger, but 6-8 hours just seems like a long time.

I know I have seen this suggested on like a million post....
So I take my tester and touch the pos and the neg while engine off, and then check it while cranking, and finaly as the motor is running? Should I check the voltage when the fan kicks on?

Also, how do I search for post that I have commented on? Other than keeping a notepad next to the PC and writting down every post I comment on...

get a voltage when ideling and about 3000with engine hot. mine is 13.9 - 14 and i never need a battery tender.

Back