How can I do this / rust spots remedy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Modaguy818

Reaction score
Hi every body,
so my Vmax has a little rust spots on the super trap exhaust and some other parts like the chrome circle thingys on the carbs and the water pump elbow pipe and last but not least the air scoops, can I just buy a spray paint can and spray it to the best of my abilities (masking) what don’t need to be painted.
is there a special type of pain that I should use
do I have to sand everything first before I apply spray paint?

zoom in photos to see what I’m talking about

any advise would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_3440.jpeg
    IMG_3440.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3444.jpeg
    IMG_3444.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3439.jpeg
    IMG_3439.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
The supertrapps can be sanded and painted with some VHT high heat paint. The water pump elbow is plastic it can also be sanded and repainted. As far as the scoops and carb covers you can use aircraft stripper to get off the clear and then sand them and polish with aluminum polish or you can paint or powder coat them .

The supertrapps can be sanded and painted with some VHT high heat paint. The water pump elbow is plastic it can also be sanded and repainted. As far as the scoops and carb covers you can use aircraft stripper to get off the clear and then sand them and polish with aluminum polish or you can paint or powder coat them .
Is this the best for most ding scratches on VMAX? Sorry new owner of a used slightly banged up 2015 VMAX but want to work on making her look new again

Is this the best for most ding scratches on VMAX? Sorry new owner of a used slightly banged up 2015 VMAX but want to work on making her look new again
I kind of go case by case is to how bad things are. Hopefully a 2015 is not that bad. If it's just exhaust you are talking about yes you can paint them or ceramic coat etc. It all depends on your budget

Back