How is the flip (seat section) constructed?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davesax36

Reaction score
So I'm in the middle of the design phase for my next mod and I'm wondering what's in the flip.

I have a Corbin right now, so I can't even just cut mine apart to figure it out. Is it just foam on a plastic "U"? Is there some other structural stuff in there?

Any help is appreciated.

Just as you noted. Foam over a plastic u about 1/8" thick.

So I'm in the middle of the design phase for my next mod and I'm wondering what's in the flip.

I have a Corbin right now, so I can't even just cut mine apart to figure it out. Is it just foam on a plastic "U"? Is there some other structural stuff in there?

Any help is appreciated.

I've seen your bike, I'm only guessing that you want to avoid having to flip the seat (that will be packed with touring stuff) when you have to fill up. Am I right , Dave?
I went through this dilemma as well. The solution is quite simple. You have to direct the aux. tank outlet directly into the OEM tank.
No switch-over valves, no extra screwing around. Just stop for gas, fill up, motor on, PARTY ON!
Cheers, Miles!!

Well, it's partly that. I don't really mind the way the stock flip operates. I've got some huge ideas bouncing around right now that would provide solutions to all that stuff.Things could get... interesting. Gotta get my winter stuff installed (grips and mitts), then get my jetting and needles dialed before I dive into anything crazy.

Back