How Much Do You like Your Second Gen ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregoryuw

Reaction score
Hey Guys ,
I have been selling off some of my bikes I have not been riding , I'm going to making the decision on a new 2nd Gen Mr Max .
I really like my 2007 vmax , that bike just puts a grin on your face as you guys know .
I still have one more bike to sell , its one of my supermoto bikes , I'm keeping one supermoto great riding postion and everyone likes a dirt bike on the street .
I allways seem to end up making the bikes better , brakes , exhaust seats ..... I'm trying to get away from that but allways happens ...LOL
How nice is the new Vmax ?
Is it worth the $$$$$
I have seen dealers advertizing 17,200 on bikes , I know they have a dealer hold back and am sure there subtracting that .
I'm getting to the point to buy new , any advice from you guys who have a new Vmax would be great .

Thanks

Greg

Thanks for the link , I would just buy a new one , there are so many dealers out there with them I don't see a problem finding a new one at a good price .

Why buy new when there are tons of like new and better than new meaning optioned out bikes out there for sale? I don't own a Gen 2 but I still like my Gen 1s for looks and mystique but the rides are no comparisons and if you are touring, Gen 2. Two up?, Gen 2, top end blasting?, Gen 2.
For the money, there are other bikes I'd take way before a Gen2.
BMW's 1000R, a Ducati 1098, MVAgusta, KTMs liter bike, for example.
I would not take the Diavel, BKing, Hyabusa, or the like and a Concourse or FJR is right on the borderline for me.

Seems like most of the used bikes are just about the same price as new , for a extra grand or two why not get new . I seen the 09's were known to have problems with the oil pump .
I have a FZ1 , KTM 990 SMR , KTM 690 SMC , Gsxr 1000 and just sold 2 of my sport bikes and this one may be next , my days of hanging over the tanks outside of a day at the track are done .
I love 1st gen vmax , alot of people under rate how nice of a bike they were and with a few mods ...exhaust , brakes , rear wheel , suspension ... ok lots of mods you have a nice machine .
My best friend owns a Kawi dealer so I can get any machine at cost plus the dealer hold back , that means nothing these days with this economy all the dealers get stuck with these high dollar bikes .
I like the new Honda F6B but its a little bigger than I need right now , I just sold a Valkyrie and was a great bike just did not use that machine to much .
As for the new Vmax my local dealer has one , I have yet to ride one , seems like a few of the guys on here have owned one and just wondering what your overall thoughts on purchasing a new vmax .

Where I live the new bikes are scarce and go for $20,000. I got a barely used 09 for a little more than I paid for my 07 new. It had a few mods to it when I bought it, but had two owners already. One didn't like the fuel range and the other was flat scared of it. She's not though. :biglaugh:

I felt like the Grape Ape on my 2007 and needed a larger bike. :ummm: Faster is good too!! :punk:

Funny you should ask!

I just tonight responded to a post on the StarVmax site about a new Yamaha advertisement for the Gen 2 that someone saw online. The title of the ad is "The Greatest Motorcycle Ever Built".

Funny thing is almost 4 years ago, on a Gen 2 Yahoo forum I posted a thread with the same exact title, word for word.

You can read the thread on the StarVmax forum here: http://www.starvmax.com/forum/12-general-vmax-discussion/184125-the

Check out my post with the link to my old Yahoo posting......it describes how I felt about the bike then, and how I still feel about it.

If you want some insight as to how much owners like their Gen 2's check out the StarVmax site.

Mark

I dont have any comparison between the gen 1 & 2. But I did trade in my gixxer 1000 just recently for a new 2012 vmax. All I can say is awesome. Love the power and torque it delivers. Its torque is compared to my crf 450 but on serious steroids. I have to agree that gas mileage is not the best but the fun factor makes up for lack of mileage. The other day the fuel light came on at 60 miles. I was a little throttle happy. This new max has rejuvenated my excitement to ride again. For me it has been one of the best moves Ive made in a while. The new Gen2 max may not be for everyone but Im glad I made the move. I have a shit eating grin on my face every time I ride just like a little kid about to get into trouble. I think it handles well for its size and weight even at stock suspension settings. I think if you are a Vmax fan, you will not be disapointed with the new gen2 other than gas mileage.

I have been leaning forward on crocth rockets for 20 years. Some things have changed in my life over the last year that made me re evaluate everything. I wasnt ready for a full cruiser and couldnt part with power, so I settled for a happy medium. Yes, my new max was a little pricey at $19,000 minus trade in which I can easily afford. I say if you can swing the payments then go for it!

I dont have any comparison between the gen 1 & 2. But I did trade in my gixxer 1000 just recently for a new 2012 vmax. All I can say is awesome. Love the power and torque it delivers. Its torque is compared to my crf 450 but on serious steroids. I have to agree that gas mileage is not the best but the fun factor makes up for lack of mileage. The other day the fuel light came on at 60 miles. I was a little throttle happy. This new max has rejuvenated my excitement to ride again. For me it has been one of the best moves Ive made in a while. The new Gen2 max may not be for everyone but Im glad I made the move. I have a shit eating grin on my face every time I ride just like a little kid about to get into trouble. I think it handles well for its size and weight even at stock suspension settings. I think if you are a Vmax fan, you will not be disapointed with the new gen2 other than gas mileage.

I have been leaning forward on crocth rockets for 20 years. Some things have changed in my life over the last year that made me re evaluate everything. I wasnt ready for a full cruiser and couldnt part with power, so I settled for a happy medium. Yes, my new max was a little pricey at $19,000 minus trade in which I can easily afford. I say if you can swing the payments then go for it!

It's interesting to here your perspective, coming from mostly sportbikes. I never owned a "crotch rocket" although I've ridden plenty of them. I always liked the character of the Vmax and owned 3 gen 1's before my 09. Also owned a bunch of other stuff too.

Nothing feels like the Gen 2 when you twist the throttle at low and mid rpm....the way it delivers power is totally unique. And. it does everything else extremely well.

For me at this point in life, riding is pure recreation and entertainment.....I don't expect anything else out of my bikes. No other bike can deliver that better IMO.

For me at this point in life, riding is pure recreation and entertainment.....I don't expect anything else out of my bikes. No other bike can deliver that better IMO.
I couldn't agree more!

I like my Gen II "WHOLE BIG BUNCHES!"....just sayin'. I still like my 85 too.

Just took a ride out to Central Pennsylvania yesterday and closed the deal on my new 2013 Vmax .
Got a good price and what made it not hurt so bad I got made the decision to get ride of one of my track KTM bikes that was still worth a lot of dough so that helped with the cost , plus Yamaha had another 500 trade ...
The bike is really pretty amazing , lots of engineering have gone into this machine , guess thats why its been called the baddest factory bike on the planet .
I also picked up a YES extended warranty , 4yrs for 650 bucks .
Weather was really bad around here , once i get her out in good weather I will post some pictures .
:punk:

I suffer for a uncontrolable urge the make bikes better ... Hi i am Greg and I am a Cycle-Aholic ... LOL
I told my self I was not going to get carried away with this new bike ... I sould just shread my computer , there so much crap I have been looking at ...LOL
I know I am going to get rid of the CAT but use the stock mufflers , there kind of pretty cool .
Possibly do something with the seat and some forward peg crash bar , i know no one makes ones like the first gen , i have a machine shop so maybe I will come up with some thing .
I still have my 07 so as far as mods I will just keep that for tinkering .

I have 2010 love it. Right after i got it i injured my back and haven't been able to ride it so it sits in the garage with 400 miles on it im thinkiing of selling it i hate to but my back is not getting any better you think 15000 is a fair price?Had the recall done

I had an 07 before I got my 2010, was planning on keeping the 07 but never rode it...

I have 2010 love it. Right after i got it i injured my back and haven't been able to ride it so it sits in the garage with 400 miles on it im thinkiing of selling it i hate to but my back is not getting any better you think 15000 is a fair price?Had the recall done

I have my 07 and it has some clean mods dyne pull while it was at UFO was 132hp rear wheel so that bike is a fun machine to ride . I picked it up last year and sold a 1997 max .
I all ways thought my 1st gen max was a big bike , but parked the new one next to the old max and it looks small ... LOL
Sorry to hear about the back injury , really sucks I had a few buddies that had to switch to Can am Spyders and gets them out riding but not the max power .
As for the price , its a weird market , these bikes list for a lot of dough . I shopped around for a 2010 and up but seemed most guys were upside down or had a payoff around the same price as they owed .
I had a dealer that wanted a rare race bike I owned , got over 12.5K in trade , 500 back from Yamaha trade incentive and the bike was 17k .
My deal may have been a fluke because the dealer had used bike fever for my bike .
I have seen a 2009 sell for 13.5K last month . My friend who owns a Kawi dealership is stuck with bikes every year has a saying , bikes are only worth what someone is going to pay for it , unfortunately the manufactures increase prices every year .
Hope your back gets better and good luck with your Vmax what ever you choose to do .
Greg

I suffer for a uncontrolable urge the make bikes better ... Hi i am Greg and I am a Cycle-Aholic ... LOL
I told my self I was not going to get carried away with this new bike ... I sould just shread my computer , there so much crap I have been looking at ...LOL
I know I am going to get rid of the CAT but use the stock mufflers , there kind of pretty cool .
Possibly do something with the seat and some forward peg crash bar , i know no one makes ones like the first gen , i have a machine shop so maybe I will come up with some thing .
I still have my 07 so as far as mods I will just keep that for tinkering .

These will take care of the forward pegs but there NOT crash bars

Attachments

• photo (93).jpg
    photo (93).jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 32
  • photo (94).jpg
    photo (94).jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 31
Who's are they ? I have a full machine shop so I may give it a try and see what I can machine up and mount .
Thanks

Greg

They are mine, :biglaugh:the MAXRELAXERs , I'll have four sets ready to go by the end of the weekend . Or you can spend the time figuring out your own

Latest posts

Back