How to: Adjust your needle position

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, you have to adjust all four, and put them all at the same position. If it lags a bit before taking off and smells of gas, you're probably too rich. Maybe try dropping the needles a clip(move clip one position closer to the flat end).

You can also pull a spark plug to get an idea how it's running. "Toasted marshmallow" golden tan is the sweet spot. Light tan to grayish-white is lean, dark tan to black is rich.

Yes, the process will be identical, the only difference will be that your needles will have a slightly different taper to them.

Thanks for the Photo of the order of assembly, I was looking for doc's on this but this is the only place I found anything on this.

If your bike is stock....stock needles aren't adjustable.
In the USA models, yes. I saw something which had adjustable needles on other market bikes, dannymax, do you have any knowledge of this? It may have been as close as Canada bikes having adjustable needles.

Not sure why people are saying Canadian Vmax came with adjustable needles...I've owned 3 and NONE of them came with adjustable needles.
Only adjustment I could make was putting washers under the E clip

The ‘85 model sent to Canada definitely had adjustable needles. Just can’t remember if this went on for a couple more years.

Back