I have finally given up...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
I have decided to stop pursuing the small issue with my bike. For those who have not followed it I was still experiencing a small stumble from 4-6k rpms. It only happened when I was in too low of a gear and floored the bike.

I tried shimming, adjustable needles, diff't main jets and in the end it seems to run best with stock jets and no shims. During this process I have broken a few things (one diaphram) and stripped a thread on the carbs. This is odviously a sign that I should stop tinkering (and I am).

The bike runs 99% awesome and I have Jeff, Sean and Mark to thank for that. This is a great board with TONS of knowledge. I hope to learn as much as I can and teach as much as I can just as others have.

It has been a long and expensive journey but now it's time to beat the piss outta the max and wear out some rear tires!:punk:

Abe

I have decided to stop pursuing the small issue with my bike. For those who have not followed it I was still experiencing a small stumble from 4-6k rpms. It only happened when I was in too low of a gear and floored the bike.

I tried shimming, adjustable needles, diff't main jets and in the end it seems to run best with stock jets and no shims. During this process I have broken a few things (one diaphram) and stripped a thread on the carbs. This is odviously a sign that I should stop tinkering (and I am).

The bike runs 99% awesome and I have Jeff, Sean and Mark to thank for that. This is a great board with TONS of knowledge. I hope to learn as much as I can and teach as much as I can just as others have.

It has been a long and expensive journey but now it's time to beat the piss outta the max and wear out some rear tires!:punk:

Abe

That prolem is easily solved dont slow down just keep it above 6000rpms :punk:

That prolem is easily solved dont slow down just keep it above 6000rpms :punk:

It only happens when lugging the bike so I never even feel the problem unless I look for it. It runs great and I will soon get her to track to find out what it feels like to run 11's and 10's (hopefully with the nitrous).

Abe

Back