I say 9.5 ET....stock, with drag radial....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect there will be guys around here wanting to share PC maps for the popular mods.

For example, I suspect as soon as 4gasem gets his new Max, he'll run out and snag the latest UFO pipes for it. :rofl_200:

Bike's are coming out stock that do that, so I would say yes, it could happen if one were to be on that edge....

i was referring to the same track day you were referring to....that was in the early 90s? The magazine test....

What bike in the early 90s could you have done that with..... and be competitive with bikes coming out now?

I suspect there will be guys around here wanting to share PC maps for the popular mods.

For example, I suspect as soon as 4gasem gets his new Max, he'll run out and snag the latest UFO pipes for it. :rofl_200:

good!....then lest get him a new computer and help him map it....haha.... god i cant wait till those discussions start!

Hey, nothing wrong with being an optimist.

One of the best things about the new Max is the headroom for aftermarket performance products. With new exhaust and a Power Commander, watch out.

I do agree with that but I actually hope Yamaha looses their ass on the bike for charging $20.000 that would teach them a lesson and I think they will. As for mods yes that is the best part of the bike but not with paying that much for the bike.Your going to pay $20.000 for a motorcycle and then change something on it??? maybe five years from now! Who will be the first to blow up their bike trying to mod it?

Are you going to be the first to try the new prototype kerker and or power commander on yours???

I do agree with that but I actually hope Yamaha looses their ass on the bike for charging $20.000 that would teach them a lesson and I think they will. As for mods yes that is the best part of the bike but not with paying that much for the bike.Your going to pay $20.000 for a motorcycle and then change something on it??? maybe five years from now! Who will be the first to blow up their bike trying to mod it?

Are you going to be the first to try the new prototype kerker and or power commander on yours???

well...youd have to be quite a doofus to blow up a bike by changing the pipe....

and with a huge market of fuel programmers out there id have no concerns what so ever about the power commander.... you shouldn't either...

ducati guys spend large on their bike and you wont ever find a stock one.... pipes and computers are the first mods and they spend 20 to 40 on the bike...
hey if that all scares you this will give you a laugh....know what a popular pipe kit for a twin cylinder ducati costs? Bike is 18000.....pipe is........3500! haha.....

Nope, for one reason, I won't have one of the first ones on the street. I'll have one, but I'll let some of you guys test 'em for me, first.

I went out recently and bought a B-King, and saved a bit of change doing so. I'm having a blast with it, though.

Herc, we get the fact you don't like the new 'Max. However, no matter what Yamaha produced, you know as well as I do they're going to get modded. If not, it would be the first bike in history to have everyone satisfied with stock.

Nope, for one reason, I won't have one of the first ones on the street. I'll have one, but I'll let some of you guys test 'em for me, first.

I went out recently and bought a B-King, and saved a bit of change doing so. I'm having a blast with it, though.

Herc, we get the fact you don't like the new 'Max. However, no matter what Yamaha produced, you know as well as I do they're going to get modded. If not, it would be the first bike in history to have everyone satisfied with stock.

I guess my point was modding a bike you bought for 12K brand new or 7K second hand is one thing modding a 20K bike right off the bat is little scary! For me anyways.

I guess my point was modding a bike you bought for 12K brand new or 7K second hand is one thing modding a 20K bike right off the bat is little scary! For me anyways.

Stay away from your local Harley Davidson dealer, OK? The shock might be brutal.

Pipes, PC, and a 240 rear will be low hanging mod fruit. It's coming, brother.

In the end, it's all good. Whatever floats your boat. I have a blast with my bikes, and they're pretty close to stock.

I should have been more precise modding a $20.000 Jap bike??? can you see having 30.000-35.000 even 40.000 into your new vmax? there is a point where it all gets just plain stupid!

Few aftermarket companies are going to rush into making products for the new Max, at least in the first year....or until there are sufficient numbers on the road to make the mods profitable.

yes...but its not for other people... like i said...try to find a stock v-rod or ducati...not gonna happen....

I know it sounds like a lot .... and i do sympathize with the sticker shock...but its not out of the ordinary these days for a top of the line bike... yamaha is using this as their image leader...not its bargain basement model...

I should have been more precise modding a $20.000 Jap bike??? can you see having 30.000-35.000 even 40.000 into your new vmax? there is a point where it all gets just plain stupid!

Why are you so hung up on it being a Jap bike?

Lexus is jap....and people dump money modding those....and Acura's and Infiniti's ..... why is a japanese product not worthy of having money spent on it?

this seems very odd to me....

kind of backwards in a way when you consider that.... if you value something....say ferraris...most experts will get their back up about mods and want it kept stock.

:rofl_200:
thats a knee slapper rj!!!:eek:h yeah: luckily the tiny penis:Little: needed too buy one gives more room!:punk:

bahahahahaha..... yes and helps in getting a leg over one....

Do you need a G license to drive one? or will a 2 ton double axle license suffice?

Just as more speculation about what the bike will do in the hands of the normal.

I've seen literally HUNDREDS of passes out at Houston Raceway Park by the sportbike crowd on Hayabusas strapped down with exhaust pipe and Power commanders.

It's actually kinda rare to see one get below 10.00 with the normal weekend warrior guy on it. These are the ones without the stretched swingarm, which usually run in the 9.75 range.

The regulars I see out there that run enough that they are really pretty dang good for a non-pro might see occasional low, low 9's on the stretched bikes but it's pretty rare..

Kind of explains why there are so few 10 second maxes let alone the 9's

My guess is 100% bone stock except for strapping the front, in the hands of the mere mortals the new max is gonna get guys like all of us (average weight probably 215-235, based on a lot of old posts) in the low 10's

Guys like Pee-Pee and Ricky Gadson are here to remind us we ARE mere mortals compared to them, and it's not just thier size.....

Its interesting to go back and visit these posts now that we have seen some initial low 10 sec times and even a 9.97 stock number.... im willing to bet that by the end of the summer people will have the max down to low 9s ...no engin work just pipes and tune and tire...

Its interesting to go back and visit these posts now that we have seen some initial low 10 sec times and even a 9.97 stock number.... im willing to bet that by the end of the summer people will have the max down to low 9s ...no engin work just pipes and tune and tire...
9.97 @ 141 .. Well not stock , it did have a race ECU and light rider and a few other things they forgot to tell you .. .They made 5 passes and only one was a 9 second pass so the others were 10s like Dale Walkers passes ..I can see the bike with an Exhaust , P/C and good tune run 9.70s in good air .. That's good for a bike that close to 700 pounds .. Getting low 9s will take a bit more work like dropping some weight or going into the motor ...Spray or turbo would get it done without touching the inside of the motor ..

I think it already has been determined that the Race ECU does nothing more than remove the top speed limiter. More power doesn't appear to be needed yet, just more traction. The latest magazine attempt to take the V-Max down the 1320 reported spinning the tire all the way through third gear. A 240mm drag spec rear tire and some wheelie bars should make it interesting.

I think it already has been determined that the Race ECU does nothing more than remove the top speed limiter. More power doesn't appear to be needed yet, just more traction. The latest magazine attempt to take the V-Max down the 1320 reported spinning the tire all the way through third gear. A 240mm drag spec rear tire and some wheelie bars should make it interesting.
The Dyno sheet and Video posted on StarVmax showed with the race ECU it did pick up HP ... In 4 th gear it made 3 HP more and in 5th it picked up a total of 7 HP The guy doing the dyno runs said he could tell right away it rev'ed up better on the Dyno .. It wasn't tested in the other gears but i bet money it made more HP in all the gears ..

9.97 @ 141 .. Well not stock , it did have a race ECU and light rider and a few other things they forgot to tell you .. .They made 5 passes and only one was a 9 second pass so the others were 10s like Dale Walkers passes ..I can see the bike with an Exhaust , P/C and good tune run 9.70s in good air .. That's good for a bike that close to 700 pounds .. Getting low 9s will take a bit more work like dropping some weight or going into the motor ...Spray or turbo would get it done without touching the inside of the motor ..

ha ha ha.... Sure...and adding a rocket to the ass end will make it go fast without cracking open the motor.... any other tidbits of "magazine expert" wisdom to unleash?LOL

Pointing out that the best time yet seen on a new bike was the only run in the 9s is kinda obvious, ..that is what we are celebrating here. Dale by the way felt it was good a good run and that the bike is capable of a lot more.

ya i'll call that stock..The bikes computer swap allowed a full rev pass...(every magazine run ended at 137mph...)
Electronic limiting of speed or revs is not a relevant issue when it comes to being stock or not (no one says a busa"cant do 190" because its electronically limited to 180, right? all Mercedes are limited to 155 but they are regularly tested without the limiter etc etc)

Bike has a crap tire, weight and is limited to 137mph... yet with only a few weeks of track time some relativly uknown people are getting into the 9s... without a tune, pipe or decent traction. It wasnt long ago that many were saying the bike wouldnt get below 10.30 without serious changes and pro riders.. Id say the evidence is pointing toward better times that get low down the 9s when the traction is there and "tuning" is done (P/C and pipes ARE tuning, in fact)

Seing as some new pipes and fuel control have recently dynoed at 197hp at the wheel, AND the thing had traction problems already , i cant see how things cant improve...

But then again this is reducndnt...any new bike will get faster over time as people develope there techniques at the track and strategies... so far no one had had much time yet....like i said by the end of summer it will be a lot faster than today...

Latest posts

Back