IA city meetup!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
Well it's gonna be a cool end of the week. Jeff I may hook up with you this weekend if it works for you. Let's get a few more days under us and see what Saturday looks like if that's cool?

Re: Awesome midwest afternoon

Well it's gonna be a cool end of the week. Jeff I may hook up with you this weekend if it works for you. Let's get a few more days under us and see what Saturday looks like if that's cool?

Sounds good, I think I can throw that center stand into a backpack, otherwise I think I'll be in the Osceola area on the 10th to drop off my exhaust and I could drop it off then.

And Chris, I "warmed up / broke in" the tire right away pretty good, I'm guessing a few good burnouts would equal
a 100 miles or so..... Probably not the best thing for it, but I wanted to make sure they didn't give me a tire that couldn't do a burnout! I live right next to a hospital and a nursing home.... they gotta love me!

Sunday looks like a better day for it... 63? Hint Hint...:whistlin:

Burnouts will do ok on the center but the outside edges are what matter IMHO.

I need to get the max out at least one more time and then bring it over to the parents basement...:thumbs up:

Chris, does that mean you are willing to meet up in the IC area and go for a little drive the weekend.... maybe hit a few local points of interest along the way?

Chris, does that mean you are willing to meet up in the IC area and go for a little drive the weekend.... maybe hit a few local points of interest along the way?

IC? Lived in IA my whole life and never heard of that..:confused2:

Iowa City. :)

Mark

Iowa City. :)

Mark

Must be a small town term... :shittystick:

:rofl_200:

IA city is cool. I would just want to make sure the temps are reasonable... Long johns with jeans and my Coretech jacket are pretty warm...:thumbs up:

Saturday is going to be chilly and I have to go look at flooring for my house... Sunday is the only day I have open...

Thanks for clearing that up for me Mark. Chris, if you are looking for flooring, you may want to try Menards in Muscatine, they are moving stores and the one in IC (Iowa City) did the same thing last week and their whole store was 40% off.... I think flooring was 50%. It may be worth a call.

I'll give you a shout this weekend and see if we want to make it out.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Mark. Chris, if you are looking for flooring, you may want to try Menards in Muscatine, they are moving stores and the one in IC (Iowa City) did the same thing last week and their whole store was 40% off.... I think flooring was 50%. It may be worth a call.

I'll give you a shout this weekend and see if we want to make it out.

Thanks but I stay away from the big box places as much as possible... I'll buy it from a local place...:thumbs up: Let me know on the ride... Nathan and my neighbor might be able to make it too. (doubt it though)

Sunday works for me if we want to meet up somewhere and BS. I may be solo, just depends on if my buddy has home stuff to do or not.

Sunday works for me if we want to meet up somewhere and BS. I may be solo, just depends on if my buddy has home stuff to do or not.

I probably will be too as all my friends have kids and can't get away.

Last edited:

So what time are we thinking? Where to meet up? Jeff if you could throw that stand in a small box, I'm going to use the net on the back of the 'Max to take it home, would that work?

I'll see what I can come up with. I'll try to give you a call in the morning and see where we want to meet up, or give me a call 3I9-46I-8969 if you have a second.

Chris, have you gotten a hold of Nathan or anyone else on the east side of the state?

Last edited:

I'll see what I can come up with. I'll try to give you a call in the morning and see where we want to meet up, or give me a call 319-461-8969 if you have a second.

Chris, have you gotten a hold of Nathan or anyone else on the east side of the state?

Later is always better IMHO... Or is that WARMER...

I didn't ask Nathan, but it's too cold for him anyway...:whistlin:

It may be too cold for me too. We'll see.

I took the SV over to my folks this morning and it was about 38?F :surprise: The SV has the upper fairing though so it is pretty decent in the cold... :coolgleamA:

I wouldn't mind leaving at Noon so the temp comes up. You'd have to let me know where to meet you so I can google it for an addy and directions. I havn't been to Iowa City in 5 years, and when I was there, I wasn't sober at all!

I wouldn't mind leaving at Noon so the temp comes up. You'd have to let me know where to meet you so I can google it for an addy and directions. I havn't been to Iowa City in 5 years, and when I was there, I wasn't sober at all!

Don't worry... No one there is...:rofl_200:

So 1:30 there?

Jeff pick a spot and let us know.

Well guys do you want to meet at the Harley store right on the North side of I 80? Dustin, you will take the exit right after the 280 intersection... it is also the exit to the coraville mall and you will see the HD store on your left. Take a left off the ramp and I beleive another left at the next set of lights.... head towards McDonalds. Chris, still take the mall exit but you will take a right off the ramp and a left at the light to get back there. I'll still give you a call later this morning... right now I'm working off a bit of a hangover... oh, and make sure you moved your clocks back an hour..... daylight savings time!

1:30 Hawkeye Harley Davidson in Coraville (IC).

Well, I'm probably the first to make it back, but thanks Dustin for making the trip and bringing your budcdy along. Chris, always a pleasure. Thanks for the ride today guys and I hate to say it, but will probably be my last (somewhat long) ride for the year.

Cheers,

Jeff

Latest posts

Back