Idle / Low end problems

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tank out. It looks clean. Sender was clean this time. Magnet says it is NOT steel. Took all fuel lines off and blew them out. Took fuel pump off and took it apart looking for rust or contaminates. Clean.

On fuel pump.. has anyone taken one of these apart? Not what I expected. I did not see any moving parts. Thought I would see a chamber and impeller or something. Not sure how this works. Think I got it back together right, but will need to see if it actually pumps now.

I drained carb float bowls and used a syringe to fill them with Sea Foam. Excellent idea I read here. May still need to take carbs off but this may save me a lot of work.

I will get tank back on this week and test the fuel pump and come back with feedback on progress so far.

C

Attachments

• 2014-05-19 15.18.15.jpg
    2014-05-19 15.18.15.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 23
The business end of that pump works by vibration, I think. There should be two(2) separate tiny black rubber valves. One on the intake side of the pump, the other closer to the output side. Each small rubber valve should be pressed into a steel cage which allows the rubber to release gas as it passes in one direction, but will cause the fatter side of the valve to contact the cage and shut off the flow in the reverse direction. If one or both of those rubber valves are displaced, or fallen out of it's proper location, the pump will have trouble building proper pressure, if any pressure at all.

Carbs going to Danny. Not gonna play this crazy game with max anymore....

C

lol I hear yah.

I've been playing the VMax carb game the last 2 weeks myself.

Tore them down for the 2nd time last night, and back together today.

Idle and throttle response is awesome till it reaches operating temp then idle slowly drops to about 5-600 and it just slowly dies unless u blip it over and over.

Hope u get sorted

Carbs going to Danny. Not gonna play this crazy game with max anymore....

C

Best move you'll ever make. Make sure you get fuel into them as soon as they come back. Replace EVERYTHING before the carbs in the fuel path. Don't do what I did, and put bad gas back into it, not change your filter, not coat/replace your tank, replace your fuel lines.....

Any one of those can have enough rust dust sitting in them to clog those tiny pilot jets.

Further dis-assembly and I saw this. This can cause my problems too! Geesh.... Ordered 4 new boots from Ron Ayers. Best price I could find $9 each.

Attachments

• 2014-06-02 21.42.53.jpg
    2014-06-02 21.42.53.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 41
Back