If you were going to buy another bike....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Nov. 2011 started looking for a bike to get back into riding after over 30+ years. First I wanted a 75, 76, or 77 Honda CB 750 Four like I had brand new in 75. Decided I wanted newer less maintenance. Looked for a Honda 750 Nighthawk because it was like the son of the CB 750 Four. Talking to a guy in Houston selling a Nighthawk, he said it was his extra bike, his main ride being a Vmax. That was Dec 2011. Now I am on my second one, a 2005.

Never been on one but I really like the look of the FJR and the ST1300. But in person they are really long. Not used to all the fairing on the front end. I like to be able to see the ground my front tire is on. So getting used to that would take time.

Would have to say these are the ones I would look at first. Riding them could turn me away from them if they did not fit my ergonomics.

prolly a gen2 max if i was rich LOL....but id kill to have a mint 700fazer and id love to have a suzuki rg500 gamma...a square 4- 2 stroke. very rare and a ripper!!!! another bike ive allways admired is the 85 or 86 honda 1100 shadow. not many newer bikes really catch my attention...however i LOVE the kawasaki z1000:biglaugh:

I would say a Kawasaki Concours - ZX-14 engine in a sport touring chassis - would be perfect for the long rides - comfy, lots of storage and fast to boot!

Mike

BMW 1200GS for a long long ride through southern and eastern Europa.
Theres no better bike for a long drive like that.

But I also need a Gen2 Max..

argh.. need....more....money... >.<

After demo-ing one at a bike rally last year, the Hayabusa moved a ways up my list just for it shear drivability (as compared to an R1 and R6 driven earlier that day) and smooth power. I'm sure the zx-14 is the same way, nice long wheel base and tons of power.

But also on the list would be sport tourer: Concourse, ST or the hardbagged new VFR (manual!).

I just like all bikes though in reality! Would love a Z1000 or CB1000 too!

If money was no object?

It would either be a 2012 50th anniversary R1, red and white. :D

Or the top of the line Gold wing.

lol a bit different then each other.

super tenere. rode one and loved it. i was suprised at how smooth it was at high speed. it would be bad ass to have an H2

Would love to find a used, really cherry condition/low mileage Kawasaki Concours, or Yamaha FJR. Looking for a comfy ride for some long haul trips I'd like to do.

If I had more money than sense: I'll have to have a Honda CBX, and a Hayabusa.

The guy who created the CBX pictured was an artist, and in my opinion, is one of the most beautiful bikes I've "ever" seen.

Jester 42

Attachments

• Absolute beauty.jpg
    Absolute beauty.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 25
I did buy another bike....a Z1000

It's the performance of a sportbike but the driveability and comfort of a standard. So the idea of the vmax, with modern technology.

Plus you get all the things the Vmax never did....radial tires, USD fork, fuel injection, a 6th gear, a gas gauge, a tach you can actually see, brakes that work, a frame that doesn't wobble, ect, ect. Plus you can find them brand new for $8-9k if you look around. That's a hell of a bargain for what you're getting. Light, powerful, comfortable, and killer looks. Ultimate street hooligan bike.

A FJR1300 or the Kawasaki Concours14 as I kind of miss having a Sport-Tour in the garage and bike rotation. It would also allow me to keep some of the miles off of the RoadGlide. Using the Sport-Tour for the trips without the trailer, and the RG for the trips with the trailer.

I love too many bikes to know what to do!
To be a bit different, I'd be interested in a RD400 cafe racer, a Bimota YB11, a '79 900SS or a Paul Smart 1000, an Aprilia 250RS, an unrestored WLA, and a Benelli Velvet that I can leave parked anywhere, any time.
And a Y2K.
And an early Buell.
And an Ariel Square Four.
And an RGV500.
And a RC30.
And a Rocket III.
Busa
Gen II

I think the Y2K might go to the top of the list, just so I can make that noise and scare the shit out of everyone. :punk:
I used to sometimes run on my way home from work with a Paul Smart that would appear. Never new him, just do a few casual traffic light runs and go our separate ways, but I always liked seeing him. Loved it, in silver metallic. :biglaugh:

Wow, the horex vr6 is inline 6!? Pretty awesome

Not really inline, very small angle V, seems to come from car racing, someone on here knows but can`t remember his name

Only thing is, there`s a sound recording on the site (btw, you can toggle the site to English if you hadn`t noticed), and it kinda disappointed me, very shrieky high-tone, no "rumble"

DOn`t know, maybe due to sound level restrictions and can be upgraded with exhaust mods, or it`s typical for 6cyl in which case I`d have to hear it for real before ever buying one

Unless of course you don`t mind about the sound anymore once you`ve ridden it :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back