im finally doing some mods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3xplor3

Reaction score
ive had my 89 max for almost a year now. so far ive done drag bars and thats about it. so i decided to tear her down and get a nice paint job. i am definitly getting rid of that dovetail on the rear fender.

installed:
drag bars

sitting in boxes:
busa brakes
raw aluminum rad
7" electric fan
progressive fork springs
avon am4 tires

the bikes new paint should be pretty sweat.
the body work will be crimson red with a black flop.
the fork bottoms wheels and a few other accents are gonna be anthracite.

still have no idea what im gonna do about the motor paint though. i really dig the color of the side covers on the 2nd gen max's though.

Attachments

• IMG_3435.jpg
    IMG_3435.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_4134.jpg
    IMG_4134.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4137.jpg
    IMG_4137.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 98
The CBR taillight is a must, and cheap. Also, while you have the bike torn down if you haven't already make sure you do the crimp fix. The details are in this forum and will save many a headache later down the road. Here's a pic of my bike after the taillight was installed, much cleaner look with the stock fender
syjyza6u.jpg
ugy5e8up.jpg

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant
554 RED HORSE Sq, Guam

yeah that does look good. but i really want to get rid of the dove tail.

ill look into the crimp fix. surprised i havent seen it yet ive been lurking for quite some time now.

what hwy pegs are those? they are awesome

The CBR taillight is a must, and cheap. Also, while you have the bike torn down if you haven't already make sure you do the crimp fix. The details are in this forum and will save many a headache later down the road. Here's a pic of my bike after the taillight was installed, much cleaner look with the stock fender
syjyza6u.jpg
ugy5e8up.jpg

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant
554 RED HORSE Sq, Guam

Have you seen a rear fender you like yet ?

Attachments

• DSC03235.jpg
    DSC03235.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC02543.jpg
    DSC02543.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 116
  • DSC03147.jpg
    DSC03147.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 64
yeah i like the idea of trimming mine. it looks really clean and factory

sorry pic didnt work in previous post

Attachments

• 22259_295589548678_2732986_n.jpg
    22259_295589548678_2732986_n.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 82
More rear ends.........

Attachments

• VMax Custom 33.jpg
    VMax Custom 33.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 62
  • VMax Custom 34.jpg
    VMax Custom 34.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 64
  • VMax Pro Street Chopper 5.jpg
    VMax Pro Street Chopper 5.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 62
  • VMax Project VMOA # 940.jpg
    VMax Project VMOA # 940.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 62
  • First  Pictures Chip 305.jpg
    First Pictures Chip 305.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Blonde_Flag_Shirt.jpg
    Blonde_Flag_Shirt.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 70
The highway pegs that were asked about are from cycleoneoff.com I know there has been some recent talk concerning the dependability of this individual but I had no problems with my order. I like the styling and how they are made. I dropped my bike shortly after I installed these and they saved my cases from any scratches or damage. The nice thing was they are screwed together so all I did was loosen the screw, rotate the damaged section inboard and you can't even tell they are damaged. I really like them and they were about $100 or so and he shipped to Guam, a definate bonus in my book.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant
554 RED HORSE Sq, Guam

wxcellent, thank you

The highway pegs that were asked about are from cycleoneoff.com I know there has been some recent talk concerning the dependability of this individual but I had no problems with my order. I like the styling and how they are made. I dropped my bike shortly after I installed these and they saved my cases from any scratches or damage. The nice thing was they are screwed together so all I did was loosen the screw, rotate the damaged section inboard and you can't even tell they are damaged. I really like them and they were about $100 or so and he shipped to Guam, a definate bonus in my book.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant
554 RED HORSE Sq, Guam

and....... the paint is almost done.

now we just need to finish the airbox cover, also the busa brakes need to be installed.

Attachments

• unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 37
  • unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 36
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 33
yeah every bike i get i tend to go over board. that monkey gets on my back and i cant seem to control myself.

and....... the paint is almost done.

now we just need to finish the airbox cover, also the busa brakes need to be installed.

You have a couch in your garage/shop.... that's my kind of setup!

Back