I'm getting divorced

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
WE ARE GETTING DIVORCED ! .. I HAVE A 6 YEAR OLD SON THAT I LOVE TO DEATH , WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR 13 YEARS & MARRIED FOR 10 YEARS , I GUESS WE HAVE JUST GROWN APART :confused2: , MY SON IS ALWAYS WITH ME , 24-7 , I THINK IT WILL ALL BE FAIR , BUT HOW DO I DEAL WITH MY SON NOT BEING WITH ME 50% OF THE TIME & HOW IS HE GOING TO DEAL WITH IT ? ... ITS FUCKING KILLING ME ! ! ! ! ! ... ANY ADVICE TO HELP MY SON & ME WOULD BE DEEPLY APPRECIATED !

sorry man,but everything happens for a reason,you and your son WILL get through.

sorry man,but everything happens for a reason,you and your son WILL get through.[/QUOTE]
THANKS MAN , I DO BELIEVE THAT ALSO , THAT EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON ! ... ALSO I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM TO LISTEN TO THIS SONG & READ THE WORDS ! ITS A VERY POWERFUL SONG TO ME ! ITS " NICKLE BACK " IF TODAY WAS YOUR LAST DAY . IT WONT LET ME POST IT FOR SOME REASON ! ..:confused2:

I went through this a few years back and my girls are now 12 and 10. I think their mom and I are better with them now then we were at that time. Every case is different but if you guys can work it out without getting nasty things will go so much easier for everyone. That doesn't mean she should "rake you over the coals" either but it works the same for you.

The time you will have with the boy will be more meaningful now and appreciated so even though it seems like less I think you will find it works fine.

Sean

i went through this a few years back and my girls are now 12 and 10. I think their mom and i are better with them now then we were at that time. Every case is different but if you guys can work it out without getting nasty things will go so much easier for everyone. That doesn't mean she should "rake you over the coals" either but it works the same for you.

the time you will have with the boy will be more meaningful now and appreciated so even though it seems like less i think you will find it works fine.

sean
THANKS SEAN ! ... I hope it all goes smooth & everything you said is what i'm hoping for ! .. Thanks !

sorry to hear, you got to keep your eyes on the lord is all i can say,good luck with it be strong
" THANKS " & say a prayer for my son & me , if you would be so kind. I'm hoping that the lord keeps his eyes on me ! I've been known to do some dumb shit when i'm stressed out ! .. Like 173 mph down the highway on my zx1100 , dumb , but man what a rush !

In my experiences (which isn't on topic here) there isn't anything anyone can say to help you. No magic words to erase the pain. If I had some I'd send them. We all mean well and hope the best for you, but having been there, hitting bottom is hard, on the heart and mind as some on here can relate. We all go through difficult times in our life's and we all look for the right path out. We look to friends and family for strength but it has to start with you. You must be strong. I believe that you can and will keep sharp, make sound decisions, and do the right thing for your son's sake, then in private you can break down and reflect on your position. Only then can you step forward out of the clouds and live each day. Something my Dad said to me years ago during a down moment in my life is something I think about often, and that is when you get to the top of the ladder, there's no where to go but down. Once at the bottom, you have no where to go but up.
Be strong my friend and know that its more than obvious that you have many people that care about you and are thinking about you now especially in the holiday season. I'm praying for you to take that first rung and climb!
KP

C R , This will be a very stressful time for you and your family . Keep your head clear through this , think before you speak , we'll keep you and yours in our prayers.

tim, keep your head up. let me/us know if there's anything I/we can do.

I am sorry to hear this......as others have said, if I/we can help just ask.....

And WATCH WHAT YOU SAY AND DO!!!!!!!

I speak from experience when I say that the most wonderful person in the world can become really evil over spite, money,property,children or public image.......

I really hate to say that but unfortunately it is the truth......:confused2:

Get a GOOD lawyer.......YOUR OWN LAWYER.....not a shared one.......and listen to what they tell you......

i dont know exactly what the laws are in new jersey but im assuming she gets half your stuff? hopefully you both had your own car...

good luck with custody also.

youll be over it in a few months enjoy your new life with your son and remember theres plenty of fish. you just need to find a crazy girl that likes breaking the law as much as you do.

pee in her butt :whistlin:

Tim , unfortunately shit happens . If the parents arent together anymore over time your boy will realise that both still love him if things arent meant to be they arent meant to be . Better to both parents to be happy and having separate lives than staying together any argueing etc as believe me your boy will pick up on that .
Let me tell you a story . Me , myself im on the other end of a relationship . I have a partner of 4 years who has 2 boys . Now im not saying you are a bad parent or anything like that but just gonna tell you what i have been through .
Their father was and is an alcoholic their mother didnt believe in divorce for the sake of the boys . But after years of emotional abuse yelling and screaming mostly from him all the broken promises he was forcefully removed by a restraining order . He didnt think about were or what his boys heard at the times all this was going on . The house had holes in the walls and all that shit and he never did anything at all with them as that was mums job .
A couple of years later as their mother vowed never to have a relationship again etc etc this handsome goodlooking bloke well this must be me sort of appeared on the seen . Now we had been friends for many years and had never thought anything of it and over 6 months plus something started to develope . Now at this stage the boys dad still had access only so mum could have a break from it all but i wont go into details but he kept fucking it up . He even told the boys that i was the reason why they all broke up even tho i was living overseas at the time . He tried everything he could to break it all up . He had the better job more money and threw money at them like any thing , while i would be the 1 that would take them to the beach and the park etc... Then 1 night at their place i cracked open a beer and then the shit could of hit the fan , they thort i was gonna put holes in the wall and yell and scream and break their toys . I sat them down and told them its ok to have a drink but not ok to have that many to the fact that you dont know what you are doing or hurting .
As the years went on their dad kept fucking it up only wanting to see them when he wanted to , and his new partner well its history repeating its self with them in the firing line as i found out from the boys when they stay at my place . It usually went like when we stay at dads he does this and this .
He didnt care what he was doing til 1 night at 11pm i get this call from the eldest boy Dads been taken away by police he was gonna kill them and us .
I only asked 1 thing , do you want me to come pick you up and the answer was yes . For an 11 year old boy who idolises his dad to have that happen its just sad . So a 600 km trip later we were all back safe and sound . Then the next day i put my foot down no more of his shit and the boys who over the years have had behavioral issues with what they have seen and heard are now in a happy safe environment .
Now Tim not saying this guy is you at all but its the little things in life that matter spend time with your boy when you have him cherish what you both have together . There will be a time there will be another guy on the seen but be a man you are his dad and nothing will ever take that away from the both of you and as he gets older he is gonna want to do guy stuff with ya so you go do that . In my case the boys now have a father they dont really want to know and i think thats sad . He has never seen them play sport has never taken them to the park . These are just some things that do stick in their minds.
And then their dad doesnt have a Vmax either , so when its time to sync the carbs etc i always have 2 helpers there with tools ready .
I think you wil be fine you just have to be his Dad thru all the good times and bad and be there for him . :punk:

Tim, the only advice will be to make has clean and smooth has possible without getting eaten alive. I really think in that kind of bad moments, only kids really matter.

Coming from the side of the child in a divorce, the main thing is do not put down the other parent. Don't blame. Kids will figure out things but dont want or need to have stress put on them to take sides. If you were both unhappy you will be better off apart. In the long run the kids will to. Either way you will always both be their parents. Keep your chin up.

Jim

Seen this coming for awhile Timmy and I feel bad for you, your wife and Cole....but it will work out. It's certainly the best for everyone, especially Cole, not existing in an emotionally supercharged environment, that's very harmful.

Anytime you want to talk I'm here on the other end of the phone, or we could meet up near Kingston for lunch or whatever, it's not that far!

Good luck brother, stick up for yourself, but be fair (nobody is at fault here, it just happened)....it will get better!

Lots of good advice here, Tim.

I haven't been through a divorce but I have been around a lot of people that have gone through it and know a lot of people that were children in the middle of it.

First off, a lot of times the kids seem to wonder what THEY did wrong. If you are going to go through with this I would be VERY SURE to let your son know that what is happenning is not his fault in any way whatsoever and that both of his parent love him very much. Even young children understand, think, and pick up more things than you will ever know and carry it as baggage throughout their lives... Be sure to to be honest with you son and let him know how you feel about him.

Do not try to turn your wife into the bad guy and turn your son against her. Do not speak poorly of her in front of him. In many cases no one is a "bad guy" in the divorce, as you said, you just grow apart. But with all the emotions and court battles over custody and money, it is too easy to get upset and rant about the EX in front of the child. Don't do that. Even if she is the bad guy, let your son make that decision himself. It usually takes time but if it's true he will find out some day.

And remember, the most valuable gift you can give you child is love, affection, and attention.

Like others here, been through the same situation with my 20 year old son; he was 5 at the time of the divorce. One of the best things you can do for your son (and everyone else involved) is to have as good a relationship with his mom as possible.
You'll all get through this, man.

Never bad mouth the wife in front of him. To him or anyone. Be as happy as possible. Never let him see or know anything you don't want her to know about. Be the good guy always. No matter how much it burns you. Don't spoil him. And never put him in the middle. Its a hard place for a kid. And women love to pick kids for info. Don't make it a 2 way street. Its hard on the kids and teaches them to be sneaky and lie. And when things blow up, they feel its there fault.....
Divorce and single parent up bringings are no big deal anymore. People don't treat the kids any different like they did in the old days. Just make sure he always knows he has 2 parents that love him. And everything will be ok.

And when he with his Mom, ride your bike. Some of us would KILL for time to ride. Don't waste it......

Why is Divorce so Expensive? Because its worth it.

Latest posts

Back