Installed custom tail light today...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does look good! How was the install...easy?

very easy altho u will need a hacksaw to cut part of the rear fender subframe and have to cut your OEM wires to splice in.

also one thing to keep in mind, it does NOT come with WHITE license plate lights.

I want to make my own tailight (last thing I want to do). Where is a good source to get LEDs from?

My motorcycle mods tail light did not require any spicing of wires. Only had to cut the subframe, wires were plug and play. As far as the white light goes, I have passed inspection with the red light just fine here in Tx. Probably not really legal, but none of the inspection places around me actually check that stuff.

My motorcycle mods tail light did not require any spicing of wires. Only had to cut the subframe, wires were plug and play. As far as the white light goes, I have passed inspection with the red light just fine here in Tx. Probably not really legal, but none of the inspection places around me actually check that stuff.

how were ur wires plug and play? Mine came with just wire exposed at the end?

also one thing to keep in mind, it does NOT come with WHITE license plate lights.
That was gonna be my next question! I would have to mount some license plate bolt mount white LED's to keep the po-po happy. We don't have inspections here, but the cops would love a reason to pull you over, and not having your plate lit-up would be a perfect one.

I'm about to get ahold of this setup in clear to compliment my clear LED turn signals. Saw this setup in the red on a friends vmax, VERY NICE!!! Will show off a 170 rear nicely!

The process was fairly straight forward.

The wires were "plus and play" but I didn't know how to use the little blue wire clips included - so I seated the male to female and squeezed gently with needle nose pliars - gently!

The hardest part was sawing the bracket off! But all together it was easy.

That was gonna be my next question! I would have to mount some license plate bolt mount white LED's to keep the po-po happy. We don't have inspections here, but the cops would love a reason to pull you over, and not having your plate lit-up would be a perfect one.

These got me out of a ticket last year, I really don't think they illuminate the plate well enough at night to read the numbers, but the cop was satisfied.

It was a daytime stop, however.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLAC...0281832QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The process was fairly straight forward.

The wires were "plus and play" but I didn't know how to use the little blue wire clips included - so I seated the male to female and squeezed gently with needle nose pliars - gently!

The hardest part was sawing the bracket off! But all together it was easy.

hmm i think yall got somethign else than me. I had to solder mine into the existing wires for the tail light.

I installed this mod this past Saturday.
All went well, easy install for sure. Mine was sorta plug and play.... I did have to extend the LED wires about 3 inches though. I also installed two LED license plate bolts and wired them into the "new" harness.
Looks great works great!
Would highly suggest this mod. It only took about 1 hour taking my time.
:eusa_dance:

I've had this light since 2006. It was one of the first mods I did on mine. Brighter than stock and WAY better looking too.

Chris

Latest posts

Back