Instructions for HD oiler kit?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AMechEng

Reaction score
Are there any instructions for the HD oiler kit install or just the picture here:
http://www.morleysmuscle.com/muscle-bikes/vmax/engine/hd-oiling-cure
I'm trying to figure out the best way to loosen the 30mm nut that holds the clutch basket in place. I don't have a impact driver and would like to use a breaker bar but need to keep the assembly from spinning. The manual calls for a special tool. How do you usually remove this nut? Thanks

Are there any instructions for the HD oiler kit install or just the picture here:
I'm trying to figure out the best way to loosen the 30mm nut that holds the clutch basket in place. I don't have a impact driver and would like to use a breaker bar but need to keep the assembly from spinning. The manual calls for a special tool. How do you usually remove this nut? Thanks

That "special" tool is pretty much nothing more than an old steel clutch plate.........wait for it.........."on-a-stick"................weld a small piece of stock as a handle to an old clutch plate and your GTG........picture big lolly pop)..............

Makes sense. I was able to get it off. Not happy about what I found hidden behind it.

That "special" tool is pretty much nothing more than an old steel clutch plate.........wait for it.........."on-a-stick"................weld a small piece of stock as a handle to an old clutch plate and your GTG........picture big lolly pop)..............

+1 on the plate on a stick. Works well.

Impacts are cheap. If you already have a compressor. Electric impacts are more expensive.

Put it and gear and hit it with an impact and it'll come right off in a jiffy.

Did you ever find any instructions for this kit?

i bought a motion pro clutch tool. would that work for ya?

Can any of you swear to God that the nut is 30mm? I'm about to have to remove my clutch basket to install Sean's HD oiler and shift upgrade kit. naturally I'm going to have to buy a socket.

I have the EBC Clutch Basket tool and I'm staring this giant nut in the face so to speak. I see the lock plate that you bend down. I guess the pro way to go would be to get a new lock plate. Can I loosen the nut with a breaker bar and the EBC tool? ...and is that going to have to be a really long 1/2 inch breaker bar? Or had I better rent an air tool?

Re-using the retaining washer is not a big deal. Replacement is the "right thing to do" but I've reused those washers multiple times. I try to bend it in a different area with each use.

A breaker bar works fine. Longer is better. 1" rigid pipe makes a nice cheater for your breaker bar if you need some extra leverage.

Be carefull re-installing the pressure plate bolts. Seems lots of guys snap them off. Use a 1/4 drive ratchet and snug them up.

Text me in the morning and I can look. I don't remember the size for sure but just had the socket out today to get one off on an engine I am taking apart.
Sean
316-619-8411

right...put them all i hand tight then tighten each in a "cross" pattern 1/4 turn at a time???

that's what I'd do with a car clutch. must work with a bike too.

guess I better buy a really good 1/2 breaker bar since a 30mm socket only comes in a minimum of 1/2 inch. cheaper than an air wrench and adequate compressor by far.

I hate this bike.

When you get this done and you go riding again...all of this will be out of your mind.

by the time I get the clutch, the shifter segment, and the HD oiling kit in, it will be time to do the forks, and while the forks are at Seans, I might as well put a set of tires on it and we're going to do the brakes too.

At my age, I'll be dead by the time I'm finished.

by the time I get the clutch, the shifter segment, and the HD oiling kit in, it will be time to do the forks, and while the forks are at Seans, I might as well put a set of tires on it and we're going to do the brakes too.

At my age, I'll be dead by the time I'm finished.

That's why I'm buying another in the spring . My thought is one bike great two bikes gots to be better

Ok guys, this may seem like a stupid question, but im having difficulty getting the oil level sensor out of the pan, is there something in the other side thats holding it in?

Ok guys, this may seem like a stupid question, but im having difficulty getting the oil level sensor out of the pan, is there something in the other side thats holding it in?

No but the o ring can get pretty stuck. Maybe use a screwdriver to gently pry.

-garrett

That's why I'm buying another in the spring . My thought is one bike great two bikes gots to be better

Why YES...I know exactly how you feel. I'm shipping my forks to Sean today. Whats left of my bike is sitting on stands.

Latest posts

Back